IGNORED

Iceland V England

Red Army 75

Need the older/senior players to have a private word with them, Walker perhaps for Foden as you get a sense how much playing for England means a lot to him, Rashford perhaps for Greenwood too as an example of how to be a younger player around the set up. Make them realise how lucky they were to be involved, point out how Grealish hasn't had a game for England yet apparently partly because Southgate doesn't trust him as a person to not do something stupid.

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

They are young lads - what do people expect. Give them a slap on the wrists and move on.. its the English press that get hold of these none storys and try and ruin player’s careers, how many times have we seen it over the years.

I get they’re young lads and we all make mistakes but come on ffs. Some serious lack of self awareness with these two. I’d like to of heard the thought process about this. 
phil , there’s these two birds . Do you want to go and meet them ? 
cant see why not mason , I mean , it’s not as if there’s a global pandemic going on or anything .
Just like Simon Jordan said. Footballers live in their own world and think normal rules don’t apply to them. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I get they’re young lads and we all make mistakes but come on ffs. Some serious lack of self awareness with these two. I’d like to of heard the thought process about this. 
cant see why not mason , I mean , it’s not as if there’s a global pandemic going on or anything .
Just like Simon Jordan said. Footballers live in their own world and think normal rules don’t apply to them. 

Yep, those 2 in particular ought to be be looking at a whole load of caps in the future, absolutely brain dead!

24 minutes ago, bris red said:

They are young lads - what do people expect. Give them a slap on the wrists and move on.. its the English press that get hold of these none storys and try and ruin player’s careers, how many times have we seen it over the years.

Can't see how this is a non-story to be fair, when we're in the midst of a global pandemic. It's this sort of thing that could mean a 2nd wave. It also puts their team mates at risk. 

35 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Walker perhaps for Foden

Probably not the bloke who broke lockdown guidelines twice during the height of the pandemic, as well as hosting a sex party just before the pandemic, wouldn't be the best person to have a word. It's his kind of behaviour which would of lead to this happening in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Probably not the bloke who broke lockdown guidelines twice during the height of the pandemic, as well as hosting a sex party just before the pandemic, wouldn't be the best person to have a word. It's his kind of behaviour which would of lead to this happening in the first place. 

I get that but from Man City you at least get the sense from Walker playing for England is incredibly important to him which is the message that needs to get across.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I get that but from Man City you at least get the sense from Walker playing for England is incredibly important to him which is the message that needs to get across.

Sorry I disagree. Walker did it during the height of the pandemic, that's worse than doing it on England duty. 

We need good role models to take them aside, not a tw*t like Walker. 

57 minutes ago, bris red said:

It's quite possible to separate the 2 issues here:

1) take appropriate actions against Foden and Greenwood for their apparent utter stupidity and disregard for the rules, and 

2) come out against the tabloid shits that will do what they can to dig, possibly fabricate, and run, a story.

Given the nation, indeed the world, has been living with the pandemic for the best part of a year, passing this off as high jinks from young lads worthy of a bit of a telling off seems ridiculous.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

In fairness, on this occassion I dont think it's a footballer thing necessarily. There are people their age up and down the country doing exactly this, and were doing so during lockdown.

I'm not excusing them because being who they are they should have known better, but I don't think this is a "footballers in their own world" problem, but more an age thing.

Very disappointing though, Foden has a girlfriend, a 1 year old and has just made his first start for England. He could have just set himself back years if someone else takes his place and plays well

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

In fairness, on this occassion I dont think it's a footballer thing necessarily. There are people their age up and down the country doing exactly this, and were doing so during lockdown.

I'm not excusing them because being who they are they should have known better, but I don't think this is a "footballers in their own world" problem, but more an age thing.

Very disappointing though, Foden has a girlfriend, a 1 year old and has just made his first start for England. He could have just set himself back years if someone else takes his place and plays well

It’s definitely a age thing I agree but footballers do live in their own world. They’ve got more responsibility compared to most 18-20 year olds. I’m not one for hanging young lads out to dry , especially when I think of the mistakes I made at that age,  but it’s a big mistake that I hope doesn’t cost them in the long run . 

You are away with the lads, and some blonde Scandinavian women are throwing themselves at you.......tempting. Silly boys of course, but it happens. I read that Foden is married so he is right in the shit. 

As for other elsewhere bashing Southgate - you must be having a laugh. I gave up with England for a good ten years, but now we appear to have our mojo back - largely thanks to Gareth and his leadership.  

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s definitely a age thing I agree but footballers do live in their own world. They’ve got more responsibility compared to most 18-20 year olds. I’m not one for hanging young lads out to dry , especially when I think of the mistakes I made at that age,  but it’s a big mistake that I hope doesn’t cost them in the long run . 

I think this a fair summary. I don't want to see them hauled over the coals or their careers massively damaged by this but I do want them to understand that this was a serious error and massively disrespectful to all of those who have put their lives on hold over the pandemic, those working hard to make sporting events go ahead and to Iceland, who have waived the strict rules they have in place for anyone entering the country during COVID in order to allow football to go ahead, on the understanding that players will follow the rules. 

• Admin
On 07/09/2020 at 15:53, TonyTonyTony said:

You are away with the lads, and some blonde Scandinavian women are throwing themselves at you.......tempting. Silly boys of course, but it happens. I read that Foden is married so he is right in the shit. 

As for other elsewhere bashing Southgate - you must be having a laugh. I gave up with England for a good ten years, but now we appear to have our mojo back - largely thanks to Gareth and his leadership.  

They had been messaging each other for nearly a week 

This wasn't a spur of the moment thing

Archived