IGNORED

How do you feel about pre-season?

Major Isewater

I just love the optimism. The clean slate, the anticipation of how the new team will perform , without having any of the pressure of actually playing and reality kicking in.

All our new signings are going to propel us to the Prem, the youngsters are going to break through and Dean Holden is a diamond.

Here’s to a new adventure. 
Buckle up me babbers.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Is that an admission that 5 weeks ago, the reaction (from many) was hasty, entitled and (hopefully) wrong..? 

That is an admission I felt deflated and detached from the club . 5 weeks on I am fully behind DH and happy with the players we have signed and looking forward to the new season as always. 

I will be the first to hold my hands up no worries. But I still will have reservations around what SL and MA say in the future. No doubt 

I still feel indifferent to our chances of success. But I am excited by the thought of City playing league football again.

I wish for nothing other than success for the club and the pre season has been steady enough. But considering our underachievement for 3 seasons and the messages put out by the club regarding why Lee went and and what we wanted to achieve going forward, I don’t think we’ve seen anything yet that suggests Steve will get his wish of at least playoff football. 

Lets see how the first 10 league games pan out. Hopefully we’ll be flying?

Five weeks is a long time in football. Indeed, with us one week seems a lifetime!

Wow, what a roller-coaster of a pre-season. 

I too was angry with the Club. Really angry. It was so bad, it almost became funny. The delays in managerial appointment, and then appointing a rookie, lack of transfer activity, delays in launching shirts, limp performances by our youth. Virtually across the board, we seemed a shambles on and off the pitch. 

Suddenly, in the last 10 days we appear transformed. 

The Manager. Well, everything that most of us thought was wrong on the pitch - physically and mentally weak, no identity, no leaders, no midfield, lack of depth in key positions, boring, negative, predictable anti-football, lack of passion, mixed, muddled messages. All seem to have been identified by Dean as priorities, and while we wait for results on the field, the words and actions to date are spot on. 

Decent shirt, Academy players featuring and delivering on the pitch, no MA showboating, JL saying the right things.... all good.

Thought, at best, we’d be lower mid-table. Now, we can give it a real go. It may take a month or so to gel, but the foundations of a genuine promotion push  -at last - may now be in place.

Archived