IGNORED

Players we still "retain an investment in"

CyderInACan

ie. players we have sold recently(ish) that are still to move on again and provide us with a nice windfall due to a sell-on fee 

Just off the top of my head we have sold the following who have not yet had an onward transfer. I wonder if there is any potential for big moves for them that we may benefit from :

Luke Ayling - Leeds - £800k 

Joe Bryan - Fulham - £6m 

Marlon Pack - Cardiff - £750k

Mo Eisa - P'boro - £800k 

Adam Webster - Brighton - £20m

Josh Brownhill - Burnley - £9m 

All rough figs obvs and only sourced from the internet. Bryan & Brownhill our best bets for a payday? Or is a classy ball-playing English centre-half like Webster/Webster (!) the type of player who bigger teams will pay big money for? Or is Covid depressing the market for the foreseeable and the largesse of previous years will not be seen again for some time? 

35 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

ie. players we have sold recently(ish) that are still to move on again and provide us with a nice windfall due to a sell-on fee 

Just off the top of my head we have sold the following who have not yet had an onward transfer. I wonder if there is any potential for big moves for them that we may benefit from :

Luke Ayling - Leeds - £800k 

Joe Bryan - Fulham - £6m 

Marlon Pack - Cardiff - £750k

Mo Eisa - P'boro - £800k 

Adam Webster - Brighton - £20m

Josh Brownhill - Burnley - £9m 

All rough figs obvs and only sourced from the internet. Bryan & Brownhill our best bets for a payday? Or is a classy ball-playing English centre-half like Webster/Webster (!) the type of player who bigger teams will pay big money for? Or is Covid depressing the market for the foreseeable and the largesse of previous years will not be seen again for some time? 

I think looking at those you can write off any potential future income from Pack with a fee in excess of £4m needed considering age and doesn’t appear to have pulled up trees at Cardiff. Eisa started like a train at Peterborough but dropped off and it feels like we sold at the right time.

Ayling you’d think would go for far more now, particularly if he starts well in the Prem but I don’t see him leaving Leeds unless something dramatic happens (like p!ssing in a glass) - and if/when it does, age against him.

Can see Webby and Joe going for more than that if they moved on and a tidy sum from each. However, real money for me there is Josh - started very well for Burnley, at a club who’ll sell if a good fair offer comes in, good age and if he does well next year, can def see him at an Everton or similar

Archived