IGNORED

Michael Doughty

BritAbroad

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18716972.swindon-town-midfielder-michael-doughty-leaves-swindon-town-due-personal-reasons/

Seems a little odd to completely leave a club for the reason listed, to me. Certainly give the guy a leave of absence for that reason, but to completely tear up a contract? Seems odd.

I think what you have to remember is Doughty isn’t your run of the mill footballer. His dad is/was Nigel Doughty, ex owner of Forest, who died young from SADS. He’s exceptionally well off and doesn’t need football. With his dad dying young and a new baby, my guess he’s decided family over football. Nothing else to see here and fair play to him.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think what you have to remember is Doughty isn’t your run of the mill footballer. His dad is/was Nigel Doughty, ex owner of Forest, who died young from SADS. He’s exceptionally well off and doesn’t need football. With his dad dying young and a new baby, my guess he’s decided family over football. Nothing else to see here and fair play to him.

My thoughts exactly. He's obviously a wealthy educated young man who has a lot going on in his life and throw  in the daily commute from London he's decided he wants to put his family first. 

Archived