IGNORED

Freddie Flintoff’s eating disorder!

Tipps69

Not sure how many of you watched & I’m obviously not sure of the amount of people that suffer with this or a similar disorder? But what he has done by doing this program is extremely brave & I applaud him for admitting that he has a problem.

To see how he came through the ranks & to being called up to play for England & how he was treated back then by the Red Tops in particular, it’s a surprise he’s actually still with us to tell the tale!

For those of you who didn’t watch his program on BBC1 on Monday 28th September, he has come out & admitted that he’s been dealing with Bulimia since he started getting grief for being BIG! Even now at 42, he is still struggling with the disease & he’d never dealt with it in any way & he’s never spoken to anyone about it for 20+ years!!

The guy now looks like a prime example of an alpha male, 6ft 4”, chiselled chin & muscles bursting out but in his own words, he knows he will always be overweight!! Now who is to decide that someone is overweight? I get it if someone is obese but for someone like ‘Freddie’ to believe he’s always going to be overweight, then what hope is there for the rest of us?

’Freddie’ is on ‘A League Of Their Own’ & is constantly ripped to pieces by the others on their (James Cordon, Ramesh Ranganathan & Jamie Redknapp) because they got a picture of ‘Freddie’ from when he was a baby & as most babies are, they have chubby cheeks etc, I’m wondering how these guy’s now feel & while their is a series of the program currently being aired, they obviously won’t be in a position to stop the piss takes that are going to be aired but it’s only ‘banter’ right? Sod what it could be doing to that person.

I already had admiration for ‘Freddie’ for what he had achieved in a game I loved playing & watching myself but for him to admit to having this illness for 20+ years, my admiration has gone up even further for him.

He is still making himself sick at times! He is training 9 or 10 times a week because he’s fat in his eyes because of how the journalists made him feel over 20 years ago! He is still obsessed with losing weight & that’s what he is, obsessed with losing weight!

Now personally, I’ve never suffered with an eating disorder (or not that I think I do anyway) but through personal circumstances over the last 5 years or so my weight has ballooned because I’m now unable to exercise & I do sit on the sofa & I’ll eat a pack of Jaffa Cakes or a bag of Haribo in one go, a couple of chocolate bars throughout the day & I’d love to stop eating those things & to be able to lose the weight I’ve put on but I’m now 48 & being single & in the physical situation I’m in, I just don’t know how I can change this hole that I’m in but as I said, I don’t see it as me having an eating disorder. Apart from my previous broken spine (twice), I’m actually healthy (medically body wise), I don’t have high cholesterol or blood pressure or have any heart issues etc & I’ve not actually been told that I’m obese despite me knowing I am!

I’m guessing I’m not the only person in this sort of position although we’ll all have different circumstances that have put us in this sort of position or am I actually alone in this? I don’t know, until watching this program I’ve never really thought about it!

This illness is no longer a SuperModel does so she can fit into a size 6 dress to go on a catwalk, this is affecting males & females of all sizes, big & small.

It is definitely a program that has opened my eyes.

Archived