IGNORED

Match day thread?

San Fran City

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Reading scored 4 from 5 shots. Surely just a streaky bit of form and they'll be back in the pack soon enough. 

Saying that they only need 50 or so points from 38 games to make the play offs. Many more wins and play offs would be almost guaranteed. 

We haven't had 4 proper shots on target in the last 3 games

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Reading scored 4 from 5 shots. Surely just a streaky bit of form and they'll be back in the pack soon enough. 

Saying that they only need 50 or so points from 38 games to make the play offs. Many more wins and play offs would be almost guaranteed. 

Absolutely, their shots/goal ratio is ridiculous at the moment. Surely an unsustainable anomaly that will regress to the mean in due course. 

29 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

We haven't had 4 proper shots on target in the last 3 games

Incorrect.

We've had 13 shots on target, averaging 0.3 xG each, over the past 3 games. Admittedly the penalty against Swansea skews it a bit, but even if you take it out it's still 12 at an average of 0.26. Perfectly decent. Your average overall shot will normally register around about 0.1 xG.

Before tonight's games we were behind only Reading in terms of the proportion of our shots being on target. They had 52% (which will have gone up after tonight) whilst we are on about 43%. Most teams are on about 30%.

It's total number of raw shots that has been our issue, not the quality or numbers hitting the target. Similar to last season tbh.

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Incorrect.

We've had 13 shots on target, averaging 0.3 xG each, over the past 3 games. Admittedly the penalty against Swansea skews it a bit, but even if you take it out it's still 12 at an average of 0.26. Perfectly decent. Your average overall shot will normally register around about 0.1 xG.

Before tonight's games we were behind only Reading in terms of the proportion of our shots being on target. They had 52% (which will have gone up after tonight) whilst we are on about 43%. Most teams are on about 30%.

It's total number of raw shots that has been our issue, not the quality or numbers hitting the target. Similar to last season tbh.

I can't remember the Swansea or Middlesbrough keeper making a save of any note

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I can't remember you ever posting anything postive of any note, but I'm sure it's happened at some point.

Calm down I did comment on what a good signing Chris Martin was and what a good performance it was at Stoke other than that we've been pretty average this season 

Archived