IGNORED

It’s official - we are the 35th biggest club in the land

boadle

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

6th biggest city, 35th biggest club. Therein lies the statistics of all our heartaches.

If only the sags would stop having open days at the university and putting all them averting up at bus stops we might end up having a bigger fan base ?

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

If only the sags would stop having open days at the university and putting all them averting up at bus stops we might end up having a bigger fan base

But the Sags are the "biggest club in Bristol" and the "richest club in Bristol". 

7 hours ago, Malago said:

Seems about right.  I would put us above QPR, Huddersfield and Charlton, but can’t argue with the overall position of a mid Championship team.

QPR have had a lot more time in the top flight than us. Huddersfield were the first club to do the double . Club defined by its history imo . Huddersfield have rich history . Charlton were also a big London club back in the day 

9 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Fanbase wise coventry, watford, preston, couldnt live with us.

Ive seen us take 5 to 6 to all those grounds, and its been like a home game.

Never saw them return the compliment though.

I recall coventry brought loads once when woods scored, when we both had to win.

I remember them more a less filling the old east end for a 3rd Round Fa Cup tie in 2007 if my memory serves me correctly. We have always travelled well to the Ricoh though in recent years.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Bit early for the sherry Major ,QPR have never won the league, League cup yes but never the League.

I am not a fan of QPR ( quite the opposite)  and you are right , they just missed out in 75/76 ending up as runners up . Must have been our old badger wig wearing  , Gerry Francis and top model Holloway( if your model was a bag of wasps) .

:shocking:

Still more than we have managed in our history.

Badger 

5DB5796A-6953-4DF4-A067-E04792AD7A16.jpeg

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Intresting reading.

So watford have almost 2 million fans on social media, but we brought in more than 2 million in revenue then them?

is this right?

Most of their fans must live in Udine.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

6th biggest city, 35th biggest club. Therein lies the statistics of all our heartaches.

I've always been puzzled by this, Not sure the size of the City actually has any bearing on the football team, it surely has more to do with the demographics of the people in the City?

This one is dubious, implies the best quality comes from England players

image.png 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I've always been puzzled by this, Not sure the size of the City actually has any bearing on the football team, it surely has more to do with the demographics of the people in the City?

This one is dubious, implies the best quality comes from England players

image.png 

We may be a bit of a "posher" city than, say, similarly sized Nottingham, but I don't think our lack of a higher placing can be put down to that.

There are still big parts of Bristol that are working-class and many, many, many traditional Bristolians, whose family have lived there for generations.

Personally I think an Ancient Briton put a curse on the land that became Ashton Gate.

It's the only sensible explanation... :dunno:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not a fan of QPR ( quite the opposite)  and you are right , they just missed out in 75/76 ending up as runners up . Must have been our old badger wig wearing  , Gerry Francis and top model Holloway( if your model was a bag of wasps) .

:shocking:

Still more than we have managed in our history.

Badger 

5DB5796A-6953-4DF4-A067-E04792AD7A16.jpeg

Like someone from the Rocky Horror Show.

Archived