IGNORED

Best formation and best players - Simple?

Better Red

A simple game over complicated and over thought. We have been there before. I hope Deano learns from tonight and does not make the same mistake for Cardiff. It’s been obvious for weeks that we will look a better team in a 433. If you also play the best players then you will win more than you lose. Our best fit players - Bentley, Dasilva, Kalas, Hunt, Bakinson, Pato, Wells, Martin plus COD or Seymenyo Vyner or TMoore and Williams or Nagy.  Walsh will be interesting and should really vie with Pato for the front of the 3 role in midfield. But that is it. It’s not complicated. It’s the best team and the best shape to fit the player's we have. Brunt, HNM, Rowe, Fammy and probably TM are not starters simply because we have better players. Not even sure there is an awful lot of debate amongst us on here (just put my tin hat on) so why three well paid coaches can’t see it is difficult to understand. I think the penny may have dropped tonight but we will have to wait for Friday. Let’s see best team and best shape 433. Get on the front foot and push the opposition backwards. Turn their defenders around and play the football we know they can play or let’s go 352 and sit back, play with our backs to goal and hope to score? Keep it simple please...

352 hasn't worked for LJ or DH

'It's the players stupid' - (Cheers Bill Clinton)

4-3-3

4-4-2

Keep it simple, keep it tight - we have the players to grind out wins.

3-5-2 doesn't work unless you have elite players in every position.

We have very few - so Dean, put it in the bin and play to OUR strengths.

Our whole season depends on ditching 3-5-2

Archived