IGNORED

England v Iceland game in doubt?

Never to the dark side

• Admin

The Football Association has asked the government to grant a travel exemption to Iceland for their Nations League match at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday.

Iceland play Denmark in Copenhagen on Sunday and would be subject to a travel ban, prohibiting them from UK entry.

The restrictions relate to concerns over a new coronavirus strain that has spread from mink to humans.

The FA says any exemption to the Iceland team would be "subject to strict medical protocols".

Germany is a candidate to host the game if the government does not grant Iceland entry.

Current government guidance says "there will be no exemptions to this quarantine policy," unlike other travel to the UK.

Since June, elite sportspeople have been exempt from coronavirus-related travel restrictions.

An FA spokesperson said: "While in Denmark they will have been under strict Uefa protocols in a sporting bubble and will be PCR tested before travelling to England. The PCR test picks up the Cluster 5 [mutated] variant.

"We have agreed with the Icelandic team that they arrive on private charter to a private terminal and will only have access to their hotel and the stadium.

"We will also put in place additional testing over and above the multiple tests normally required for each participant and staff at the match."

European football governing body Uefa's coronavirus protocols state that international matches can be rescheduled at a date fixed by Uefa, or be played at a neutral venue if necessary.

BBC Sport has been told rescheduling is not an option. Uefa, which will have the final decision on deciding any neutral venue, is understood to be studying the matter.

The FA says it is in the "better interests" of England players and staff to avoid international travel.

"We are not asking for this support to help us have home advantage in this competitive international match, although of course that would be helpful," the FA spokesperson said.

"We are not asking for this support to avoid a huge cost from playing an England home match in Germany, although we can ill afford the financial penalty at this time.

"The priority must be health, which is why we are asking for this support."

England play the Republic of Ireland in a friendly on Thursday. They then travel to Leuven for Sunday's penultimate Nations League group game against Belgium before the match against Iceland on 18 November.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54914273

On 10/11/2020 at 11:08, And Its Smith said:

Jude Bellingham called into England squad. Still can’t believe that Man United or similar didn’t sign him.  The elite seem happy to ignore players for £20m but then try to sign them 2 years later for £100m !  

Utd tried, Bellingham chose Dortmund over them, good choice too Dortmund actually know how to properly develop talent consistently, Utd have managed to do well with very few recently compared to their history of youth production/development.

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Utd tried, Bellingham chose Dortmund over them, good choice too Dortmund actually know how to properly develop talent consistently, Utd have managed to do well with very few recently compared to their history of youth production/development.

If united really wanted him they would have got him I’m sure. 

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If united really wanted him they would have got him I’m sure. 

He was given the whole Carrington tour and everything, Jude highlighted Sancho's development at Dortmund as something he wants to emulate, seriously look at the wealth of young talent Dortmund have and who have moved on after being developed there, its the perfect place for him while Utd are a shitshow this season and if he went there he had Pogba, Van de Beek, etc ahead of him and would have been afforded less chances then he has been getting at Dortmund. Utd were serious about signing him.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He was given the whole Carrington tour and everything, Jude highlighted Sancho's development at Dortmund as something he wants to emulate, seriously look at the wealth of young talent Dortmund have and who have moved on after being developed there, its the perfect place for him while Utd are a shitshow this season and if he went there he had Pogba, Van de Beek, etc ahead of him and would have been afforded less chances then he has been getting at Dortmund. Utd were serious about signing him.

Should have offered him more money to get him I reckon 

Phantom, you quoted the FA... The PCR test picks up the Cluster 5 [mutated] variant....

i wish I was there when he read out this utter nonsense. Made up drivel. I would ask the idiot to confirm if he has evidence of the so called Covid19 virus being isolated. Naturally his eyes will glaze over or he will try and crawl his way out of such a question. Fact is it has not been isolated... If anybody knows anything about detecting any virus they will know that first you have to isolate them 

Virus isolation is a very specific method for diagnosis of viral infection.

The RT-PCR test is not a diagnostic tool for detecting viruses; according to it's inventor and 3 eminent German doctors yet that did not stop the WHO running with it... Yes you read that correctly. And yet here we are.

And back in my hole I go!!

• Admin
1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Phantom, you quoted the FA... The PCR test picks up the Cluster 5 [mutated] variant....

i wish I was there when he read out this utter nonsense. Made up drivel. I would ask the idiot to confirm if he has evidence of the so called Covid19 virus being isolated. Naturally his eyes will glaze over or he will try and crawl his way out of such a question. Fact is it has not been isolated... If anybody knows anything about detecting any virus they will know that first you have to isolate them 

Virus isolation is a very specific method for diagnosis of viral infection.

The RT-PCR test is not a diagnostic tool for detecting viruses; according to it's inventor and 3 eminent German doctors yet that did not stop the WHO running with it... Yes you read that correctly. And yet here we are.

And back in my hole I go!!

You really need to edit this as I've no idea what you have copied and what you are saying. 

What post were you referring to too?

Archived