IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You are aware that the McLaren he drove to victory isn't the best car right? 

I only saw bits, but I’m told he got the benefit of control car. Either way good for him. Its a good thing for the town and even Bristol Sport/City. 

Good Lad. 

2 hours ago, kmpowell said:

Adam was brought in by SL and PH to set-up 'Pensions Direct', in 1999, the self serve pension arm of HL which later became known as the SIPP.

I thought Adam Norris’s Pensions Direct was already a business and was then acquired by HL and that’s how he joined them?

3 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I thought Adam Norris’s Pensions Direct was already a business and was then acquired by HL and that’s how he joined them?

I don’t know if Pensions Direct already existed, but the version I heard was that Adam came in and pitched the idea to Steve and Peter, backing himself by asking to be paid in shares if successful rather than in salary - which is how he managed to leave with so much money. 

He was my boss’s boss at HL for a while. I didn’t know him well, but he was the sort of guy who couldn’t complete a sentence without coming up with three new ideas. Exhausting for the plodders among us, but I’m not at all surprised he went on to operate as a business ‘angel’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

That's not my understanding, although 'happy to be proved wrong as it was a long time ago and my memory isn't as good as it used to be!

IIRC, Adam was appointed to the board circa 98, after introducing SL & PH to his idea of people managing their own pensions. That idea was given the name 'Pensions Direct' in 99, and Adam grew it. The Pensions direct platform name was eventually dropped, as the term SIPP became widely know, and the HL SIPP was adopted/born I think in 2002ish.

:)

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2024 at 16:52, REDOXO said:

I only saw bits, but I’m told he got the benefit of control car. Either way good for him. Its a good thing for the town and even Bristol Sport/City. 

Good Lad. 

He was setting the fastest laps of the race when he wasn't in first, got the lead by managing his tyres better than others so he was able to stay out longer.
There was a safety car which allowed him to get a 'cheap' pit stop, but even after the restart he was the quickest driver out there. He only lost fastest lap because his teammate was forced to pit from some damage and got fresh tyres on with a much lighter car (from fuel use)

3 hours ago, transfer reader said:

He was setting the fastest laps of the race when he wasn't in first, got the lead by managing his tyres better than others so he was able to stay out longer.
There was a safety car which allowed him to get a 'cheap' pit stop, but even after the restart he was the quickest driver out there. He only lost fastest lap because his teammate was forced to pit from some damage and got fresh tyres on with a much lighter car (from fuel use)

Thanks Lando. Nice job! 👍🏿 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin

Not F1 but indy car question 

All I've seen on sky the past days is constant practice or qualifying for next Sunday's indy 500

Qualifying was for 3 hours at the weekend and tonight there's another 2 hours practice session, they guy that's on pole position isn't in tonight's practice 

Is it really like that for every indy car race?