IGNORED

Belgium v England.

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Think it’s fair to say Grealish has suddenly emerged as a very likely starter for Euros

The comparisons to Gaza’s have been discussed but it’s uncanny how Sir Bobby (A la Southgate) wasn’t sure whether he could ‘trust’ Gazza leading up to 1990 World Cup 

I was there when he played him against Czechs at Wembley and he tore them up and scored after dancing past several players - Robson was seen shaking his head laughing and telling those alongside him ‘That’s Brilliant’ 

Another scintillating performance against Albania and Gazza was in 

Was only thinking that reading the other thread.  Gazza burst into the team didn’t he.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was only thinking that reading the other thread.  Gazza burst into the team didn’t he.

Yes , very much so 

A maverick who Bobby wasn’t sure he could trust , but literally stole the show with real real exciting ability and he realised he simply had to use him from that moment

Went from a player hoping to get in the squad to an automatic pick , and star in a few months leading up to and then in the World Cup

* Watching Gascoigne on the training ground was an experience I’ll never forget. It was a mix of Best / Messi and Lee Evans - Unbelievable skills & Unbelievably entertaining , for those watching and teamates , though Sir Bobby clearly didn’t know whether to tear his hair out or laugh (On at least wo occasions I can remember Sir Bobby coming down the steps of the coach waiting to leave training to drag Gazza on the coach that had been waiting 10-15 mins

Waiting on Gazza, who was happily posing for photos , chatting , laughing and signing autographs and having a great time with the fans ( Of all players I’ve ever seen with fans Gascoigne was the best , by a mile)

Best English player I’ve seen live , shame we never got to see him at his very best 

Archived