IGNORED

The injured player we miss the most at the moment

steveybadger

Now I’m not saying this guy is brilliant - he isn’t a natural in any position IMO, he lacks composure, and this is quite probably his level. I’m not saying this to be controversial and we are doing ok without him. I suspect most of us would upgrade if we could. He hasn’t got Paterson’s creativity, Nagy or Bakinson’s passing, Cod’s dribbling, Semenyo’s power, Martin’s hold up play or Wells’ finishing (yes, all of the above on good days). However we miss him less than Kalas, Mawson, Williams and Walsh. He is the missing link between our 3 man midfield and our attack. He carries a goal threat simply by bombing into the box and stretching teams, along with fantastic work rate.

He is Andreas Weimann.

Good player, simple as that.

If I look at the injured players:

Williams, Kalas, Mawson and Weimann (possibly Baker too) would start 90%+ of games if I were in charge.

All spine players.  That’s telling imho.

Lets not get too down tonight.  Today exposed some weaknesses and flaws in our units, but QPR is another game.  Holden recognises today was poor, no sugar coating from him.  Players will know that too.  Standards dropped today.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good player, simple as that.

If I look at the injured players:

Williams, Kalas, Mawson and Weimann (possibly Baker too) would start 90%+ of games if I were in charge.

All spine players.  That’s telling imho.

Lets not get too down tonight.  Today exposed some weaknesses and flaws in our units, but QPR is another game.  Holden recognises today was poor, no sugar coating from him.  Players will know that too.  Standards dropped today.

Spine players - Yup absolutely. But I guess another (simplified admittedly) way of  putting it is that despite their injuries our defence has been solid since AW became injured, but we score less

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Spine players - Yup absolutely. But I guess another (simplified admittedly) way of  putting it is that despite their injuries our defence has been solid since AW became injured, but we score less

Hopefully Martin and Wells are back in on Tuesday having had two games each on the bench.  Thought Wells looked pissed off in the “arrival video” earlier and I suspected he wouldn’t start.  But he looked bloody sharp and aggressive when he came on.  He has edge.  We miss that.  He might not always play well but he’s a winner.  

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully Martin and Wells are back in on Tuesday having had two games each on the bench.  Thought Wells looked pissed off in the “arrival video” earlier and I suspected he wouldn’t start.  But he looked bloody sharp and aggressive when he came on.  He has edge.  We miss that.  He might not always play well but he’s a winner.  

Yep agree and v Watford for the time he was on. 

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When doesn’t Wells look Pissed off 

Longing for a back 3 of Mawson Kalas and Baker. 
Hoping for a centre midfield 3 of Bakinson, Walsh and Williams. 
Would love a front 3 of Weimann Wells and Martin. 
As of today just 2 of those are fit. 
Ridiculous we are where we are considering a horrendous injury list. 
Adding Dasilva and Hunt to wingback would complete a very strong 11 imo, but we aint seeing that team at all this season!?

6 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Adding Dasilva and Hunt to wingback would complete a very strong 11 imo, but we aint seeing that team at all this season!?

Roll on January.

Thats as good a back three as any in this division.

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

You dropped Bentley, or are playing 12 ?

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Roll on January.

Thats as good a back three as any in this division.

Exactly. Tbf i dont like Vyner but in truth he has done ok. I did like Moore but im not so sure now. 
The power and strength of those 3 would be outstanding. 
I’d then also play Mariappa at rwb thinking about it. Or atleast rotate with Hunt. 
Some of them looking knackered too. A bit more rotation needed for Tuesday i reckon. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

You dropped Bentley, or are playing 12 ?

Oh ah. ??. We dont need Bents. Run backs shud cover it. ?

Archived