IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Evolution of a Manager

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, ROKERITE said:

I know how terrible he was for you 

He wasn't terrible, just limited by his Napoleon Complex and misplaced arrogance.

More importantly, sort yourselves out soon as I miss having a beer with your boys in The (Very Good) Ship Isis.....

On 30/11/2020 at 20:58, BCFCinNW6 said:

Intelligent? You think? 

I think he is intelligent. He's clearly far more considered and eloquent than your average person who works in football. 

I think the thing about 'show me your friends and i'll show you your future' he says to his daughter was a bit worrying. How intense!

What's quite interesting about Johnson is that he's picked up all these 'innovative management techniques' organically. His dad obviously wasn't into it, well - not in the textbook sense anyway. 

We know he was 'mentored' by SL from a younger age, perhaps it's something he's picked up by speaking to someone who primarily comes from the business world. 

I can see why it's the sort of thing that would impress directors and chairmen at football clubs who come from the business world. I can also see why it's exactly the sort of thing that the likes of Neil Warnock would scoff at. 

10 hours ago, ROKERITE said:

He would be a shocking appointment, another kick in the teeth for Sunderland fans. It isn't that we don't appreciate owners from London it's just that we got a couple of shysters from Oxford. There are a couple of Essex brothers that I and many others would be delighted to see unveiled as our new management team. I've followed Johnson's career. I know how terrible he was for you and the massive relief most of your support felt when he was finally fired.

We could look forward to setting a new record for number of consecutive losses of course.

He's not all bad, great at developing young players, gave Tammy Abraham his big chance. He's probably learnt from his time with us on reflection and would be a good coach if he could eliminate the losing streaks that ultimately stopped him having success here

Archived