IGNORED

Chris Brunt

Bassomylord

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not so sure that we ‘got rid ‘ of Korey.

I think you will find that the player himself had a word or two to say on whether he stayed or went. 

His injury record wasn’t great recently and perhaps that reflected in a deal that we offered him.

Don’t forget that the club gave him a new deal when he was out with a very serious injury. They looked after him.

We can never be party to every situation at the club and it is never a black or white scenario.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And Swansea offered him considerably more than was on the table here (allegedly).

It’s not massively important but IIRC according to Korey we didn’t offer him anything here

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

How about these?

Nicky Hunt, Ryan McGovern, Mark Wilson, Richard Foster, Brian Howard, Adam El Abd, James O’Connor, Ben Gladwin, Joel Ekstrand, Jens Hegeler. Stefan Marinovic, Rodri.

That’s just picking only one per year, there have been loads more worse than him, FFS.

I’m talking about central midfielders, barring Brian Howard who I agree was just as useless, there are not too many worse. Hegeler was not exceptional but better than Brunt.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s not massively important but IIRC according to Korey we didn’t offer him anything here

Probably not by way of a formal offer....probably more accurate of me to say Swansea allegedly offer him more than what he was on here (before contract expired).

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably not by way of a formal offer....probably more accurate of me to say Swansea allegedly offer him more than what he was on here (before contract expired).

Didn’t realise that , though I’d be surprised

Fwiw This was Koreys social media release 

A decision that surprised me , but I don’t think it’s had major bearing on anything tbh

306C7D81-FA2C-42A0-85A1-550982FCC165.png

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Didn’t realise that , though I’d be surprised

Fwiw This was Koreys social media release 

A decision that surprised me , but I don’t think it’s had major bearing on anything tbh

306C7D81-FA2C-42A0-85A1-550982FCC165.png

Yeah, remember that.  All hearsay on my part re wages (I’m not itk)....but Swansea are still getting PPs this year, and together with my gut feel that Korey was one of the lower wage earners here (still on terms of his 2016 contract) I suspect he got a decent offer from across the bridge.

Archived