IGNORED

In Conversation with ..... Geoff Twentyman

headhunter

In a bonus episode of Forever Bristol City Podcast I spend an interesting, informative and amusing hour with Geoff as he becomes the interviewee and I ask the questions:  https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-e2ad5-f4235a

Geoff, the sporting voice of Radio Bristol for over 25 years, speaks about growing up in a football family [his dad was Chief Scout for Liverpool], his professional career including that rare period in the 80's when the Gas had the better of things, his transition into broadcasting and how, first & foremost, loyalty to his audience prevails over not asking the difficult questions which we've witnessed in recent exchanges with SL & MA.

A really good session in which Geoff also reveals he got an O Level in Russian and that phrase Mind the Gap cropped up in conversation!!! 

Or Geoff Shithead Twentyman, as one of my Gas workmates once refered to him as.

"He's too nice about the shit"

The guy is quality on the radio. Knows his stuff about Bristol and the area, and supports Liverpool and not the Gas.

He often says he wants ALL local teams to do well.

I like the guy a lot.

The best compliment I can pay him is to say matchdays on RB just wouldn't be the same without him. On the rare occasions someone else is in his chair they never seem to have that certain something that Geoff has. You realise how good he is when he isn't there. Seems a thoroughly decent bloke too.

8 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Good listen that, decent bloke is GT we are fortunate to have him on the radio

Completely.

Remembered his interview with Tomas Kalas early in the season, he was brilliantly prepared & asked him loads of interesting questions.

With the greatest of respect he is far too good for local radio & for a former professional footballer, is someone who combines the insight of having played the game with the best qualities of a sports journalist.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely.

Remembered his interview with Tomas Kalas early in the season, he was brilliantly prepared & asked him loads of interesting questions.

With the greatest of respect he is far too good for local radio & for a former professional footballer, is someone who combines the insight of having played the game with the best qualities of a sports journalist.

I remember a few years back being at work, switching the radio on early in the morning and GT was hosting the news programme, standing in for somebody  :laugh:. Fair play, from former Gas header and kicker to that.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely.

Always seems well prepared for interviews and that’s across all sports not just football & his other passion Golf.

Geoff is the voice of local football regardless of his Gas history, much like Phil Tottle

Geoff used to not read the texts before reading them out on air "text here from Dave in Knowle, City played well today,missed Elliott in midfield and the gas are shh.....anyway moving on'

Archived