IGNORED

Not all bad

BigAl&Toby

7 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Poor first half.

But hey. Half time and what do we have on Robins TV?

A promo. For the new stadium design. Focussing on basketball.

All’s well in BS3.....

******* hell........

2nd in the BBL tonight after a crushing victory over Glasgow Rocks (last season’s unofficial champions - season cut short)!!  Flyers won 96-54. ???

1 hour ago, phantom said:

So out of football, rugby  basketball and women's football we have one winner.....

Basketball live on sky soon too

The start of the basketball season had me very worried.  Read on, this is gonna sound like the football team.

We sign a top player, Josh Wilcher from Plymouth Raiders, who gets injured in the first couple of practice sessions.  It doesn’t seem a bad one, but turns out to be an ankle injury (like Nagy’s - bone spur), so needs an op.  Huge blow.

We have to forfeit our first two cup games (group of 4, play each other twice) due to covid and then lose to Plymouth by 15 at home, playing academy players....and one of our American imports can’t get free because they double up on him.

I’m fearing a long season, at least until Wilcher is back (new year).

Some good news, our coach who is also assistant coach of GB pulls a rabbit out the hat, getting GB player Teddy Okereafor to sign a short-term contract as cover for Wilcher.

We beat Plymouth (a) by 13 but lose the head to head meaning qualification will probably mean beating Worcester Wolves twice.  We start well leading by 14, and then by 10 going into 4th quarter, but blow it to lose by 5.  However Wolves lose their penultimate group game meaning if we win by 6 we sneak through.

We fly out if the traps and in Q3 have a 17 point lead....which we gradually allow to be whittled away...down to 5 in the final 30 seconds.  However we score a layup to go 7 up and defend the final play to edge through.

So Flyers through to quarters.

In the league we start with a defeat to Manchester, blowing another double digit lead.

The  we go to Cheshire and somehow win in overtime, nailing a 3 pointer (Okereafor) to tie the game with seconds left on the club.

Feeling better, we then sign another GB player (Mockford) who started tonight.  We win, everything starts looking rosy.

But this is Bristol Sport. Tomorrow we travel to Sheffield.  I’m expecting another rollercoaster experience!

And then we have Newcastle on Wednesday followed by Leicester (on sky) on Friday.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The start of the basketball season had me very worried.  Read on, this is gonna sound like the football team.

We sign a top player, Josh Wilcher from Plymouth Raiders, who gets injured in the first couple of practice sessions.  It doesn’t seem a bad one, but turns out to be an ankle injury (like Nagy’s - bone spur), so needs an op.  Huge blow.

We have to forfeit our first two cup games (group of 4, play each other twice) due to covid and then lose to Plymouth by 15 at home, playing academy players....and one of our American imports can’t get free because they double up on him.

I’m fearing a long season, at least until Wilcher is back (new year).

Some good news, our coach who is also assistant coach of GB pulls a rabbit out the hat, getting GB player Teddy Okereafor to sign a short-term contract as cover for Wilcher.

We beat Plymouth (a) by 13 but lose the head to head meaning qualification will probably mean beating Worcester Wolves twice.  We start well leading by 14, and then by 10 going into 4th quarter, but blow it to lose by 5.  However Wolves lose their penultimate group game meaning if we win by 6 we sneak through.

We fly out if the traps and in Q3 have a 17 point lead....which we gradually allow to be whittled away...down to 5 in the final 30 seconds.  However we score a layup to go 7 up and defend the final play to edge through.

So Flyers through to quarters.

In the league we start with a defeat to Manchester, blowing another double digit lead.

The  we go to Cheshire and somehow win in overtime, nailing a 3 pointer (Okereafor) to tie the game with seconds left on the club.

Feeling better, we then sign another GB player (Mockford) who started tonight.  We win, everything starts looking rosy.

But this is Bristol Sport. Tomorrow we travel to Sheffield.  I’m expecting another rollercoaster experience!

And then we have Newcastle on Wednesday followed by Leicester (on sky) on Friday.

Sounds a lot more entertaining watching the basketball team than the football team

17 hours ago, phantom said:

So out of football, rugby  basketball and women's football we have one winner.....

Basketball live on sky soon too

What worries me - as a life long supporter of BCFC through thick and thin - is that we’re offered a wonderful new stadium with all singing and dancing facilities - WTF is Expo? - whilst we watch yet another ******* abject display of football.

I don’t give a flying duck about Expo, basketball, concourses or any of the other “entertainment” bollocks that Bristol Sport, the Emperor who is naked or anyone else wants to try and tempt me with.

Invest that Channel Island cash where it matters. Get players and back room staff who can get my team promoted.

All those wonderful facilities. Like having the body of a GTO wrapped round a ******* tricycle.......

Archived