IGNORED

James Tavernier

RoystonFoote'snephew

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Certainly can't knock the stats he's returning this season, but you can't escape the fact that it IS "only" the SPL. 

Look at his career stats... Can anyone notice the stark differential between where he's achieving these stats now, compared to the rest fo his career...? 

Don't get me wrong, I liked him, he did a great (albeit short) job for us in the promotion season, but he simply isnt/wasn't that outstanding when playing in a competitive football league.... 

Screenshot_20201214_094254_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yep I agree  it seems people forget  players progress later or different coaching style suting them and the fact he wasn't even our player.  Also hindsight is a wonderful thing too!!

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Come on, Ayling flattered to deceive while he was here. No-one at the time was particularly bothered that he'd left. He'd had the odd good game, but was often caught in possession.

I don't think it was ever confirmed if we didn't have a sell on clause for Bolasie either.

I don’t think he got caught in possession that often, but he did get caught upfield.  That was a tactical flaw per se, because you can bet your bottom dollar that if he was doing it against Cotts wishes, he’d have got bollocked for it.

Ayling asked to leave shortly after he was not really defended by the club over someone else's bad behaviour in "pissgate" and because Johnson didn't appear to rate him as highly as Cotts did,

Watching his displays for Leeds, he's a bit less tactically naïve than he was for us. He's matured as a player, but Lee obviously didn't see the potential, which was a failure of judgement. 

2 hours ago, grifty said:

Come on, Ayling flattered to deceive while he was here. No-one at the time was particularly bothered that he'd left. He'd had the odd good game, but was often caught in possession.

I don't think it was ever confirmed if we didn't have a sell on clause for Bolasie either.

He might have done to you

As I’ve said , IMHO one of the very best footballers we’ve had at AG , I said the last 10 years , .....but actually for most of my decades watching  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he got caught in possession that often, but he did get caught upfield.  That was a tactical flaw per se, because you can bet your bottom dollar that if he was doing it against Cotts wishes, he’d have got bollocked for it.

I know he excels at RWB but I’d have liked to seen him as a box to box midfielder in Championship 

Archived