IGNORED

Dean Holden interview on rb

SouthStand Sandwich

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He should’ve said we moved the ball well in our own third.  It was around the halfway line we ran into trouble.

Its clear he’s gonna defend his players, and I’d rather he did that to the media than throw them under a bus.

He might be inexperienced but he is experienced enough to know that if he says what the fans want him to say and what he probably felt like saying himself he won’t get a tune out of anyone. He could have worded the interview a bit differently but slagging off players won’t help him at all.

What I would like to see him do is “rest” a couple and put the younger bench players in on Friday as it’s got to be a free hit for us. We are nailed on to get done anyway and at least the likes of Bell, Towler and Edward’s will put a shift in and we’ll find out at an opportune time whether they are up to it.

It could go either way, breath of fresh air or they aren’t ready yet. We aren’t in the middle of a relegation scrap right this minute so pressure isn’t an excuse. I’d honestly rather get beat 3-0 having a go than lose another game 2-0 with two shots in 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

He might be inexperienced but he is experienced enough to know that if he says what the fans want him to say and what he probably felt like saying himself he won’t get a tune out of anyone. He could have worded the interview a bit differently but slagging off players won’t help him at all.

What I would like to see him do is “rest” a couple and put the younger bench players in on Friday as it’s got to be a free hit for us. We are nailed on to get done anyway and at least the likes of Bell, Towler and Edward’s will put a shift in and we’ll find out at an opportune time whether they are up to it.

It could go either way, breath of fresh air or they aren’t ready yet. We aren’t in the middle of a relegation scrap right this minute so pressure isn’t an excuse. I’d honestly rather get beat 3-0 having a go than lose another game 2-0 with two shots in 90 minutes.

This is all going backwards a little, so the squad is not good enough bring in the youngsters, how many more seasons are we going to hear this.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

It is really. Does he not think the 25000 sitting at home somehow could not see the blazingly obvious. 

I find my self in two minds about the current malaise. The injury/Covid crisis  swirling around us is real. Now we have a suspension. (I feel a bit for FD as he was trying to just make something happen with his swing and a miss)

However that was two games where we were below the very basic standard for U11 reserve team. Couldn’t pass tackle move....shoot don’t make me laugh if we can’t do the former you can forget the latter. 

anyway how are you and the fam fella? Merry Christmas. One day I’ll let you buy me that pint at the KH, when this shit fest is better. 

Hi Dave. I would love to do that. I really would! My £50 is still waiting at the bar for you! 

Life's tough, as it is for everyone. I left home for a couple of months to protect nipper. I returned in May and we haven't left the house since. 

How's Chicago (area)? A recent boss of mine hails from there. Lovely chap. 

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s certainly got a feeling of “can they do any worse”, but need to be mindful of scarring them.  Might not have any choice though!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bell up top with Wells at some point.  Two quick players.  I actually believe pace is our weapon v PNE....and Bell has it.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s certainly got a feeling of “can they do any worse”, but need to be mindful of scarring them.  Might not have any choice though!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bell up top with Wells at some point.  Two quick players.  I actually believe pace is our weapon v PNE....and Bell has it.

Agree re. pace; last season Semenyo caused them all sorts of problems. I’d like to see AS and NW up front on Friday

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Hi Dave. I would love to do that. I really would! My £50 is still waiting at the bar for you! 

Life's tough, as it is for everyone. I left home for a couple of months to protect nipper. I returned in May and we haven't left the house since. 

How's Chicago (area)? A recent boss of mine hails from there. Lovely chap. 

I’ll pm you with update. 

Archived