IGNORED

Just for a laugh.., Play Wells through the middle

Better Red

For a bit of Christmas fun with the fans Holden could give Wells ago through the middle.

He could also ensure Massengo is no where near the starting line up. 

Keep Taylor out of the our defence.

Brunt has done his bit, or no doubt would be in for tonight.

Fam should get a go if fit.

I would also like to see Edwards get some decent game time. 

Just for once pick the best 11 players we have available it’s getting easier every week with the injuries. 

Massengo last season was not too bad- seemed to start well enough or reasonably enough anyway?

Still young like Bakinson and Semenyo- players who are young will rise and fall.

Always wondered if Wells and Semenyo in a 3-5-2, or maybe even Wells central, Semenyo wide right (NOT WINGER) and O'Dowda wideish left could have been a way to go.

Martin is quite good but we must not overplay him- think we have been in recent times.

7 minutes ago, Better Red said:

For a bit of Christmas fun with the fans Holden could give Wells ago through the middle.

He could also ensure Massengo is no where near the starting line up. 

Keep Taylor out of the our defence.

Brunt has done his bit, or no doubt would be in for tonight.

Fam should get a go if fit.

I would also like to see Edwards get some decent game time. 

Just for once pick the best 11 players we have available it’s getting easier every week with the injuries. 

Didn’t DH say we played a straight 442 v Wycombe With NW up front - looked it to me? In which case happy Xmas to you.

25 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Didn’t DH say we played a straight 442 v Wycombe With NW up front - looked it to me? In which case happy Xmas to you.

If DH said that he did watch the game. Wells played wide on the left.  Came inside a few times but was def playing wide not through the middle. 

33 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think Brunt is out for a couple of weeks. Interesting if Edwards start.

I think Edwards could be a decent player. Much closer to a winger than Semenyo. He has real  pace and can down the outside.

He could be a good outlet and help us get on the front foot and higher up the pitch quicker. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Massengo last season was not too bad- seemed to start well enough or reasonably enough anyway?

Still young like Bakinson and Semenyo- players who are young will rise and fall.

Always wondered if Wells and Semenyo in a 3-5-2, or maybe even Wells central, Semenyo wide right (NOT WINGER) and O'Dowda wideish left could have been a way to go.

Martin is quite good but we must not overplay him- think we have been in recent times.

Wells, O Dowda and Seymenyo would be interesting. I would be tempted to play  

Martin in behind as he is the most creative player we have left fit

Also got Fam and Edwards to come of the bench.

19 minutes ago, Better Red said:

If DH said that he did watch the game. Wells played wide on the left.  Came inside a few times but was def playing wide not through the middle. 

There was me thinking it was O’Dowda skinning their right back time after time first half and setting up the goal from the left. Must have been Wells.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There was me thinking it was O’Dowda skinning their right back time after time first half and setting up the goal from the left. Must have been Wells.

That was O’Dowda. He is the one like Seymenyo who never scores. 

Wells is the one who does score (a lot) when he plays through the middle. 

54 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

27 minutes ago, Better Red said:

I’d say you didn’t watch the game.  442 all day long on Saturday.  Wells in the middle with Martin....Semenyo right, Callum left.  There was a small argument that it was 4231, but that is suggesting Martin played in the hole...which to me he didn’t.

Plus the fact Martin was often running our inside left channel too.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d say you didn’t watch the game.  442 all day long on Saturday.  Wells in the middle with Martin....Semenyo right, Callum left.  There was a small argument that it was 4231, but that is suggesting Martin played in the hole...which to me he didn’t.

Plus the fact Martin was often running our inside left channel too.

I did watch it, like I watch every game.

Not trying to be clever or smart.

Wells is not playing through the middle as the main Striker.

Watch tonight and we will see where he plays I don’t expect any did from Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Watch tonight and we will see where he plays I don’t expect any did from Saturday. 

FWIW given that Semenyo is the only possible ‘winger’ tonight as COD is out,  then Wells may well pull out wide, as he has previously when we have played 433.

16 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Tonight could be a different system.

Wells was most definitely one of the two central forwards on Saturday....even the head-coach said 442.  .

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simpson suggested HNM wide left (ie 4-4-2)

Was that Homer...

Massengo wide on the left WOW. It could work... of course it can’t. He can’t play in the middle so how can he possibly play wide left. 

Luton will target him for turnover ball. He gets caught to many times for me and is weak on the ball.  

44 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Was that Homer...

Massengo wide on the left WOW. It could work... of course it can’t. He can’t play in the middle so how can he possibly play wide left. 

Luton will target him for turnover ball. He gets caught to many times for me and is weak on the ball.  

I can’t believe Massengo has not stamped his authority on this game it’s not like him. 

looks a natural on the left of the three. Great spot by the coaching staff. What do I know, I never thought it could work. 

I genuinely don’t know what type of player he is. For me offers nothing it’s like playing with 10 men.

Archived