IGNORED

Could history repeat itself?

old_eastender

Most of the teams in this leauge dont make top six, we are among them. We did not make it during LJ and so far It does not look that DH and the team dont be top six. We dont have enough good players. Dont think the right thing to do is sacking DH. He got the players that he got, dont think a new manager should solve the problem. 

On 30/12/2020 at 07:14, Kid in the Riot said:

I remember saying at the time that history would be kind to GJ's reign at City, and so it has proven, as 12 years on we haven't got close to his 4th place finish in the C'ship. 

History may well be pretty kind to LJ too. People will always bang on about how much money he spent, but look at the net spend and it shows a different picture. Which other manager at City in recent memory has improved our league position year on year over a 4 year period? And how many will in the future?

I warned the LJ out brigade to be careful what they wished for, as there was always a danger SL would appoint a substandard replacement and so it has proved. 

I'm not claiming to be any sort of nostradamus, by the way, all of this has been very predictable.  

I can see him getting Sunderland back to the Premier League within 3 seasons.  He wasn't dreadful I just think being so close to the club and squad churn exposed a weakness of over thinking, I don't think he will have either of those two problems with Sunderland.  I think Dean Holden is a poor replacement personally and I can see him being a bit of more Kieth Millen than Brian Tinion. 

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Most of the teams in this leauge dont make top six, we are among them. We did not make it during LJ and so far It does not look that DH and the team dont be top six. We dont have enough good players. Dont think the right thing to do is sacking DH. He got the players that he got, dont think a new manager should solve the problem. 

But a better coach might at least get some of the football basics right, eg defending corners and free kicks, taking corners, using throw ins tactically, maintaining positions etc 

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Agreed, I don't think DH was the right man but I also don't think it's the right time to sack. I can see him having till the end of the season. If the football stays the same I have a prediction he will be gone at the end of 2021. 

COD, Pato, Walsh, Williams, Williams injuried. Adelakun and Palmer out on loan, Eliasson and Smith gone, all midfilders. Im thankful that we have the points we have. Have no ilusions that we should play attractive, creative Football. We have to fight Every game and take the points we need to avoid relegation. Wonderboy and Bakinson try the best they can but are not good enough. At the moment Nagy is the only midfilder with class. Maybe Adelakun and Palmer coming back.  We need players, not managers, thats the way I see it.

Archived