IGNORED

Jamie Smith's New Contract - Is Money Tight?

downendcity

I've just seen the breaking news about Jamie signing his contract. I hope the picture wasn't taken straight after he signed. If it was then, judging by the look on his face we must have offered him a #### deal!

Guest City 'Til I Die
I've just seen the breaking news about Jamie signing his contract. I hope the picture wasn't taken straight after he signed. If it was then, judging by the look on his face we must have offered him a #### deal!

Dunno about that, although I must say that he doesn't look a happy bunny. If you make some reference to the fact that it's only a one year deal, that's probably because of the slight doubt over his injury proneness, or otherwise.

I'd imagine money is tight at the gate, when hasn't it been, really? We could certainly do with an investor, but I doubt we'll get one until we start making some REAL progress. ie. getting out of this god-forsaken division.

Guest Swiss Baloney

Going on that logic I would say that Alan Walsh is on a stinking contract and is leaving the club tomorrow, look at his piture in the team photo.

Going on that logic I would say that Alan Walsh is on a stinking contract and is leaving the club tomorrow, look at his piture in the team photo.

Not sure about that. After Tinman's game I saw Mr Walsh looking at new cars in a garage. I do believe it might be the recent promotion. His...not City's obviously...still waiting for the City one! :)

Guest Lockerman

Why give him a long Contract, when we are not to sure if he will last the season, I think it is a good move and if over the weeks he proves to be as good a player as we expect then at least it can be extended, but if for some reason he ends up being one of those injury prone players that we always seem to attract, then it has only cost us a one year contract which is probably a lot less than had we actually had to buy someone.

At the end of the day it is up to him to prove that he is good enough for more money and a long term contract.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

A single year deal will get the best out of him by keeping him hungry and wanting to impress for a longer deal....remember we have Kevin Amankwaah coming back too though....

Guest hairyshamrock

I can see the logic in the one year deal. We have 2 or 3 decent players who are just a little too young and inexperienced at the moment and they just need time and a bit of a run out in first round cup games this year. Amankwaah, Simpson and Harley would all slot in there no problems, and maybe Tins is thinking that Carey will do what Murray did and come back in about 8 months!

Archived