IGNORED

Dan Bentley

Prinny

4 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

If Bentley makes the Euros then what price for an English international goalkeeper? Decent keepers seem to go for astronomical sums to the top premier clubs and Dan Bentley has all the attributes to be a top premiership keeper if he can maintain reasonable consistency. I say 'reasonable' as even the elite keepers make mistakes and are capable of losing form for a bit. I'd be disappointed to see him go but if it was for a potentially massive amount of 40m plus then it would set city up if the recruitment team gets it right.  That's a bit of a big if though.

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

Jordan Pickford was £25m rising to £30m as a record for a British keeper and 4 years younger than Bentley will be in the summer moving from a relegated premier league club

Fevs is on the mark, would probably be £5m and we'd be fairly lucky to get adds ons to around £10m and then get a decent sell on clause with it incase one of the bigger prem clubs came calling. 

Statistically he is having his best ever season at Championship level, and overall it's his second best only to his first full season for Southend in 2013-14 (and it's up to you how you weight the difference between L1 and Champ).

Currently at an impressive 73.9% save percentage, putting him about 6th in the list of current No.1 Championship goalies and above his career average of 71%. Total saves he's 5th in the division with 65, having faced the 6th highest number of shots on target. Maybe that says more about our defenders than our goalkeeper. 

Are there better goalkeepers in the division? Probably yes. Begovic and Krul comfortably, and Woodman, Allsop, Samba and Dieng are all having very good seasons. 

Could Bristol City attract a better goalkeeper right now? Probably no IMO.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They offer £5-10m and offer him £100k a week....head turned, and rightly so, and off he goes.

Maybe - but *if* he were selected in the England squad or more than one team was chasing then with two and half years left on his contract then I reckon he'd go for significantly more.

7 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Maybe - but *if* he were selected in the England squad or more than one team was chasing then with two and half years left on his contract then I reckon he'd go for significantly more.

You may be right.....but when was the last time you saw a bidding war?  I can’t remember one (happy to be reminded). Two teams generally bid the same and then either fight it out on personal terms or player says he prefers x over y.

But I might be totally wrong.  It’s a weird world of football at the mo.

Archived