IGNORED

Simply not good enough [FBC Podcast]

headhunter

Listen to us live at 6.00 PM with this link: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=LxDr1iJrcwN

[Recording available on Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcasts later: https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-yg87v-f91a8b]

That was as a bad a performance as you could wish to see at PRIDE Park and pride is something that looked to be seriously lacking across the whole pitch today, Dan Bentley excepted.

The inept defending that led to the decisive goal infected the whole game on a pitch that was poor by today's standards.

Holden's tactics - I don't think he knows what he is doing.

In the pod I will also ask why we sign a player whose fitness bars him from playing for 3 weeks at a make or break time of the season

Recording of tonight's Live Podcast : https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-yg87v-f91a8b ; also on Spotify and Apple Podcasts

Ian, Mark & Headhunter let rip after a performance where the only Pride shown was the name on the side of the stadium.

City were rank and we're split on who is at fault, the players, the coaches [maybe the pitch]?

City's performance was dreadful today and that's 5 consecutive League defeats on the road, with just one goal scored, by a Luton Town defender!

Time to get the prayer mat out for Wednesday's trip to Brentford, or can Dean and his coaches come up with a masterplan to swat the Bees?

42 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

City's performance was dreadful today and that's 5 consecutive League defeats on the road, with just one goal scored, by a Luton Town defender!

Time to get the prayer mat out for Wednesday's trip to Brentford, or can Dean and his coaches come up with a masterplan to swat the Bees?

We need energy in midfield and players prepared to put a foot in and not dangle a leg out. We simply don’t have a player on the left hand side to play 3-5-2 as doubt Rowe will make the game.

4-2-3-1 on Tuesday compact in midfield but offering a threat to them. 

I think it was Ian who was advocating playing Ryley Towler in the absence of all our left backs saying he's 'early 20's not a kid.'

He's actually 18.

Nevertheless he's left footed and well built so rather than play a right sided player I'd give him a go too.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Dave  Kalas wasnt great today was slow out the starting blocks  which was the result of the goal.

Wasn’t on about the goal, just generally Mawson was given a tough afternoon, he didn’t boss CKR like he has done other forwards.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think it was Ian who was advocating playing Ryley Towler in the absence of all our left backs saying he's 'early 20's not a kid.'

He's actually 18.

Nevertheless he's left footed and well built so rather than play a right sided player I'd give him a go too.

If he generally thinks that he is ready for this level he is deluded. I have seen him on numerous occasions and whole a talent player his current level is around the conference. He would not make current league 2 sides in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

If he generally thinks that he is ready for this level he is deluded. I have seen him on numerous occasions and whole a talent player his current level is around the conference. He would not make current league 2 sides in my opinion.

More a case of needs must I imagine.

We seem to be left with a choice of Harper, Towler, a new loanee or a right footer playing at LB.

None of those choices are ideal, but someone's got to play there.

2 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Outwitted by Wayne Rooney. Not something that happens every day. 

You may want to look at his managerial record and change your media manipulated opinion of him... 

Who'd have thought a player of his credentials might make a reasonable crack at management..!? 

For those who can't be bothered, it's now reads 

P4 W3 D0 L0 GF3 GA1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You may want to look at his managerial record and change your media manipulated opinion of him... 

Who'd have thought a player of his credentials might make a reasonable crack at management..!? 

P4 W3 D0 L0 GF3 GA1

Can't imagine anyone else ever managing that!

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

He's made a good start but we'll have to see how Mr Rooney gets on in management. Don't forget though, one of the games was against us.

Yes, we'll see long term. 

Just wanted to know if you wanted to withdraw your degrogatory appraisal of our nations record goal scorer, who's worked under some of the finest managers in history, and probably deserves a little more respect having won 3 of his 4 games as manager... Assuming your accomplishments don't already supercede his..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, we'll see long term. 

Just wanted to know if you wanted to withdraw your degrogatory appraisal of our nations record goal scorer, who's worked under some of the finest managers in history, and probably deserves a little more respect having won 3 of his 4 games as manager... Assuming your accomplishments don't already supercede his..? 

Calm down sir, you are imagining things.

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Calm down sir, you are imagining things.

No, you claimed it would be embarrassing..? (can't be bothered to find the exact wording) to lose to a manager whose record is P4 W3 L1. 

I was questioning how you came to the conclusion that that's embarrassing..? 

EDIT: I know you were probably just jumping on the popular misconception that he's a bit thick... But doesn't that just make you look

..well, a bit thick..?! 

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

P4 W3 D0 L0 GF3 GA1

No thanks. I'll stick with my initial comment. No offence like.

Archived