IGNORED

Brentford Game - Betting Odds

bcfc01

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

I am not a betting man but perhaps someone could work out the return if instead of paying a tenner to Robins tv every week, you'd have put a tenner on City winning. Would you be quids in or just happier you didn't have to watch it?

Good question..we have played 26 league games and lost or drawn 14 so that's £140 down. The 12 wins if they had £10 bets on them would have most definitely given a better return of £140 so probably would be quids in and wouldn't have to suffer watching the games, I may try it from now on, probably after the Brentford game tho !

Poor record at Brentford until Johnson got some good away tactics instilled into the team. I see his midfielder come super-striker, Bobby is scoring for the biggest rivals of Brentford. He should probably have scored a 2nd against WBA yesterday but really looks the finished article Johnson made him. We can wonder what Lj would have made of Semenyo and Edwards and Bell had he still been coaching at Failand. 

But those days are gone, the away wins wont be what they have been for the past few years and many on here will be pleased about that. For me, DH is learning his trade and doing pretty well; not to the same standard as his predecessor but if anyone was better at their job in a few months than their previous boss, it would be unlikely wouldnt it? Gotta hope some of the optimism CO'D shared on Robins TV yesterday rubs off on the players for Wednesday and then the Baardiff match on Saturday. COYRs

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Poor record at Brentford until Johnson got some good away tactics instilled into the team. I see his midfielder come super-striker, Bobby is scoring for the biggest rivals of Brentford. He should probably have scored a 2nd against WBA yesterday but really looks the finished article Johnson made him. We can wonder what Lj would have made of Semenyo and Edwards and Bell had he still been coaching at Failand. 

But those days are gone, the away wins wont be what they have been for the past few years and many on here will be pleased about that. For me, DH is learning his trade and doing pretty well; not to the same standard as his predecessor but if anyone was better at their job in a few months than their previous boss, it would be unlikely wouldnt it? 

Blimey that's some classic fishing for a reaction in a reply discussing betting on the game at Brentford.

You seem very angry about something! 

Anyway  I wouldn't say our record at Griffin Park was that bad

20210131_165254.jpg

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

But those days are gone, the away wins wont be what they have been for the past few years and many on here will be pleased about that. For me, DH is learning his trade and doing pretty well; not to the same standard as his predecessor but if anyone was better at their job in a few months than their previous boss, it would be unlikely wouldnt it? Gotta hope some of the optimism CO'D shared on Robins TV yesterday rubs off on the players for Wednesday and then the Baardiff match on Saturday. COYRs

When you say "COD 's optimism...........do you really mean, his deluded partiality?

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I've never seen such generous odds for us to win a league game @ 13/2 with Brentford around 1/2 or 4/9.

Obviously, we don't have much chance of winning but at those odds its worth a few pence.

Isn't it ?

Yes ?

Maybe ?

It will be the easiest £100 you ever win. 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

City win is now 7/1, even a draw is 16/5. Brentford to start -2 meaning they would have to beat us by 3 goals is 7/2.

7/1 and the odds drifting while Brentford are around the 4/9 mark and shortening. 

Wonder if that could act as a motivation for our players with everyone writing them off ?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

7/1 and the odds drifting while Brentford are around the 4/9 mark and shortening. 

Wonder if that could act as a motivation for our players with everyone writing them off ?

Not sure about motivating the players but it's starting to motivate me to have a bet on City to win, something I rarely do, well not on them to win anyway. 7/1 is starting to look quite tempting.

On 31/01/2021 at 16:28, maxjak said:

The very best we can hope for is a   draw IMHO.............unlikely but possible, if Brentford have an off night.  Personally i will be taking 4/9 on a Home win, then if we get something i won't'  mind losing too much?

Happy clapper 

Archived