IGNORED

How far off Brentford are we?

Shtanley

About 5 or 6 players behind but think we have them in our squad but are injured

With a fully fit squad I think things could have turned out a lot better 

If we get them back in the next few weeks then perhaps we can dictate games and actually dominate the opposition - we can but hope 

8 hours ago, RedM said:

I’d say it was down to Brentford not quite being on their game rather than us playing well.

The question should be just how did Brentford get to where they are at today as much as asking how far ahead of us they are.

I disagree to an extent.  I thought our game plan was good.  Massengo picking up Ghoddos, who played off-centre.  Most teams would assign their DM to him, and then Brentford benefit from your DM being dragged away from the centre of the pitch freeing Toney for passes into him, or for Brentford to double up on the opposite side of the pitch creating overloads.

They had to change it at h-t, and used Beck-Sorensen to advance the ball and I don’t think we adapted well.  And they looked better.  And this is where we need to improve tactically.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I disagree to an extent.  I thought our game plan was good.  Massengo picking up Ghoddos, who played off-centre.  Most teams would assign their DM to him, and then Brentford benefit from your DM being dragged away from the centre of the pitch freeing Toney for passes into him, or for Brentford to double up on the opposite side of the pitch creating overloads.

They had to change it at h-t, and used Beck-Sorensen to advance the ball and I don’t think we adapted well.  And they looked better.  And this is where we need to improve tactically.

It seems that Holden doesn't see what is happening or does but fails to respond beyond "let's chuck as many attacking players on as possible and hope for the best".

Archived