IGNORED

Nakhi central

glastonred

Looking at Nakhi's goal against Brentford, it shows just how lethal he is when central to the goal. He's had a lot of criticism for not scoring goals this season, but surely this is solely due him having to play on the wing. I appreciate that Dean is trying to find a way to get more than one striker on the pitch at a time, but Wednesday proved what a poacher Wells is. I know other people have already commented on this, but, for me, Wednesday's goal proved it - play Nakhi centrally, and he will score goals.

3 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Looking at Nakhi's goal against Brentford, it shows just how lethal he is when central to the goal. He's had a lot of criticism for not scoring goals this season, but surely this is solely due him having to play on the wing. I appreciate that Dean is trying to find a way to get more than one striker on the pitch at a time, but Wednesday proved what a poacher Wells is. I know other people have already commented on this, but, for me, Wednesday's goal proved it - play Nakhi centrally, and he will score goals.

He would also benefit from those little balls in behind that Palmer can play around the edge of the box too.

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

To be fair, he does need some creativity behind him, that I think is the problem.

So does Fam in fairness except he has the ability to get a goal from not a lot. I agree service is an issue and as I said above he would benefit with Palmer near him but the guy could do a little bit more for me.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Nicking a goal is the only aspect he has to his game, shocking footballer.

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here Si, but isn't that the single aspect you would want of a footballer?

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

Looking at Nakhi's goal against Brentford, it shows just how lethal he is when central to the goal.

Not forgetting had the officials done their jobs the goal wouldn't have stood given Wells was clearly offside.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Looking at what 2 pacey hard working strikers can offer in Ayew and Lowe for Swansea. 

I know Fam has done well but Wells and Semenyo would surely cause problems with their pace and movement. And being able to press teams bringing it out, which has been a huge problem for us.

Compare the level of coaching that Swansea receive compared to us like Chalk and Cheese

I wouldn't say he's a shocking footballer, but when it came to him vs Vydra in January 2020 as part of the Brownhill deal. I had a preference for the latter for a few reasons...unfortunately, so did Burnley!

That said, he's clearly best through the middle, Palmer slotting throughballs and maybe Semenyo up with him and Palmer in front of a 3 man midfield might work- still the issue of who pulls wide left out of possession, to help out our LB but it's a starting point.

Does TomThumb watch any City games  or highlights of a few games for other teams? For us, in central positions NW can't be anything other than embarrassed by seeing his woeful finishing, lack of control and inability to trouble defenders 

Severl times this season his shooting from around the box has seen the linesman more troubled than the keeper, not to mention his airshots that you normally only see on the Downs. 

12 hours ago, mossey said:

When I saw it, I thought the ball had come off the defender 

And which team kicked the ball into the defender (at which point Wells was further offside)?

Law 11 clearly legislates for the 'first' pass or touch in the move. Further, it requires any intervention by the opposition to have been deliberate. That's why if one ricochets the ball off an opponent to a teammate who is in an offside position they are adjudged offside.

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Looking at what 2 pacey hard working strikers can offer in Ayew and Lowe for Swansea. 

I know Fam has done well but Wells and Semenyo would surely cause problems with their pace and movement. And being able to press teams bringing it out, which has been a huge problem for us.

Ahhhhhh......pace.  Nobody likes playing against pace.

Archived