IGNORED

New Low

TomThumb84

6 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Hard to put it into words but almost a patronising arrogance that emanates from top to bottom from the marketing, to the social media, the teasing of transfers, the language used, the with-holding of clear comms around transfers, contracts and injuries etc.

Like we should be grateful for everything when all most of us want is a connection and a team on the pitch capable of stirring passion and making us want to support them.

Thing is - the connection and stirring of passion needs investment of more than money.

I've seen no evidence that the Chairman or CEO would know how to have a conversation with a regular supporter of the club...

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

By getting Chelsea into the Champions League with zero spend last season?  (not that he would come here so its a completely moot point) 

I won't debate finances on this thread- but at Derby they were pumped up, through varied methods. He is a bit of a cheque book manager though, or could be shaping up as one.

Oh alright then- £40m making permanent of Kovacic, probably 3rd highest wage bill in League, side had finished 3rd year before etc. Did blood some youth well though.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'd take Hughes, he is a good manager who knows how to get out of this league,

And would be better then the last 2 managers we've had if backed to the same extent 

Which promotions has he achieved? I think he might have had his day a bit.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I'd take Hughes, he is a good manager who knows how to get out of this league,

And would be better then the last 2 managers we've had if backed to the same extent 

The point is, there is not anyone with any experience, character, ideas around recruitment, input into club culture, that will take the job.

In order for anyone to come in and “manage” there will need to be a relinquishment of responsibilities in other key roles that will not happen.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Thing is - the connection and stirring of passion needs investment of more than money.

I've seen no evidence that the Chairman or CEO would know how to have a conversation with a regular supporter of the club...

Exactly. There is almost a condescending acceptance of this clubs fanbase and lifeblood as almost a necessary but annoying requirement.

I am seriously considering watching Gloucester city instead next season.

I used to watch them a few times but i,m starting to think there is more entertainment and more ambition at a national league North club than the garbage being dished up at Ashton gate.

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

FWIW, and I fully expect to be in a minority, I’m Holden in. I never want to see us be a revolving door and I really want him to succeed. If we’re in trouble mid March, I’ll probably turn. 

Wouldn’t be a revolving door. Dean has been here years. As Assistant and trusted right-hand man of the man he replaced.

Even as I am typing that I am thinking “who thought this would actually work”.

Madness.

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

FWIW, and I fully expect to be in a minority, I’m Holden in. I never want to see us be a revolving door and I really want him to succeed. If we’re in trouble mid March, I’ll probably turn. 

Think you will find we all want him to succeed as that means the Club are succeeding

Im intrigued but your mindset - we had the same by many under Johnson

I’m behind him now but if in a months time....blah blah’ 

Can I ask - What do you see in a Holden and his Lieutenants that would convince you he’s the right man to take us forward - Because thats the crux of it (Or is it just hope ?)

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Think you will find we all want him to succeed as that means the Club are succeeding

Can I ask - What do you see in a Holden and his Lieutenants that would convince you he’s the right man to take us forward - Because thats the crux of it (Or is it just hope ?)

It’s hope. And that’s ok. I like the man and want it to work out, I never want to see us be a Chelsea spaffing a manager out the door every 9 months. 

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s hope. And that’s ok. I like the man and want it to work out, I never want to see us be a Chelsea spaffing a manager out the door every 9 months. 

And I don’t want us to slide towards League One as we historically do 

Mere hope does not bring progression 

Decisions based on hope often brings relegation though 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

The fact is with LJ, over the years, he put so much in place and we saw progress on the pitch. Coupled that with some memorable spells of good football, great away wins and of course the cup run. Yes plenty of negatives, but for many the positives put equity in the bank.

The difference for DH is we’ve seen so little equity going in the bank, perhaps unfair to compare given he’s only been managing for 6 months or so, but that’s the way it is. No big wins, nothing to get behind. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

And I don’t want us to slide towards League One as we historically do 

Mere hope does not bring progression 

Decisions based on hope often brings relegation though 

We have April. A new manager bounce coincided with a very kind April keeps us up. That’s a solid plan b. Until then, I’m behind plan a. 

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yes it would be an awful place to be - not tolerating anything but consistent success in a perpetual pursuit of excellence and silverware.

Lets keep our fingers crossed we never become that. Luckily it looks unlikely.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

We have April. A new manager bounce coincided with a very kind April keeps us up. That’s a solid plan b. Until then, I’m behind plan a. 

So let’s assume he bumbles along scraping a few points here and there and we stay up safely (Likely scenario)

You'd stick with him moving forward would you ?

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d love the bloke to succeed, I think he’s and honest and earnest individual trying his best, but it’s not working here. He may well be  a successful manager elsewhere, but best to end it now whilst he has some credibility.

Archived