IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What I don’t like about VAR in the FA Cup is that one team is used to it, the other isn’t....that’s not fair imho.

That sounds like you are saying a team plays in a different way with VAR and we have not had the practice!

52 minutes ago, Rob k said:

It’s ridiculous- if that game is played at AG they don’t get a penalty and we don’t have a player banned, that can’t be right 

This is what you should be saying Dave.

I have to admire the Gas; they made a mistake with Tisdale and have quickly lanced the boil. We all knew Holden was the wrong choice even before he was appointed. The City hierarchy either still don't see it, are hiding out and ashamed or, remarkably, genuinely believe he is the man. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

That sounds like you are saying a team plays in a different way with VAR and we have not had the practice!

This is what you should be saying Dave.

I have to admire the Gas; they made a mistake with Tisdale and have quickly Lance's the boil. We all knew Holden was the wrong choice even before he was appointed. The City hierarchy either still don't see it, are hiding out and ashamed or, remarkably, genuinely believe he is the man. 

The Gas are in the bottom 5 of League 1 and have been for weeks now and are losing 6-1 at the likes of Accrington Stanley. I can see why you are so much in admiration of them to be fair. I mean, it must have been so difficult to spot that the Manager was not performing in comparison to us and yet they acted so decisively as they always do. You've only got to look at the Fruit Market that is almost complete (we are approaching two years since Wael made that comment aren't we?), again such decisiveness from the impressive Family club. Great club to be hugely admired I think..............

9 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think he has a point with the VAR; not sure it should apply in the cup given that some ties will have it and some won't.

I don't think it was a terrible performance all things considered, but the set up of the team was clearly wrong; you could see that by the way Palmer and especially Semenyo changed the way we played when they came on. But Holden seems a little out of his depth at the mo, even if injuries tend to be working against him

Yes it is amazing to think that if the game had been at AG with no var its no goal. I do like the 3-5-2. But it did look like the players, although a better performance than last few, Really did not seem to fully understand their jobs. Sq. Pegs round holes..... I not sure. Or has he in fact lost the dressing room. And where was Lansbury tonite. I would of thought ideal player for this sort of game and tactics 

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes it is amazing to think that if the game had been at AG with no car its no goal. I do like the 3-5-2. But it did :laugh: like the players although a better performance than last few. Really did not seem to fully understand their jobs. Sq. Pegs round holes..... I not sure. Or has in fact lost the dressing room. And where was Lansbury tonite. I would of thought ideal player for ti's dirt if game and tactics 

Lansbury has had a family bereavement. Shit happens.

8 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

I don't like what is happening, how the club is run, but that was a reasonable interview from DH. He is out of his comfort zone, should not bei n the job, he is a coach not a boss, we are told a good coach. But in the interview he was fine, honest , reasonable, I agree about  his VAR comments  (even if decision was correct) and we were better than at the weekend. But he is a fish out of water , so to see him suffer is hard. He is a good human being , as we say. (apparently) 

Agreed, but he’s so boring now & just says same old expected stuff over & over. There are no revelations or insights in the interviews & hard to see how confidence can be inspired.

You can tell he’s a really good guy & I believe he’ll become a decent manager someday, but he really needs to drop down a level or 2 and go through motions & emotions of management, learning by trial & error to discover who he really is as a coach. 

Unfortunately, he’s already been promoted to the level of his incompetence which is never a good thing so early in anyone’s managerial career & the board should take full responsibility.

53 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Same Owner, same CEO, same nodding dog  as Chairman. Call it for what it is.

Don’t you get bored posting the same cheap jibes time after time?  Do any of you anti-Bristol City ‘fans’ ever come up with anything new?  The moment anyone posts anything even vaguely supportive, you’re all in with the laughing emojis, but we have the nerve to have a thread consistently attacking Rovers fans for but supporting their club!  If I was a Gashead reading OTIB I would be wetting myself laughing.  

Sorry mate, unfair to direct this specifically to you, but it is so soul-destroying to read the same comments time after time after time.

38 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don’t you get bored posting the same cheap jibes time after time?  Do any of you anti-Bristol City ‘fans’ ever come up with anything new?  The moment anyone posts anything even vaguely supportive, you’re all in with the laughing emojis, but we have the nerve to have a thread consistently attacking Rovers fans for but supporting their club!  If I was a Gashead reading OTIB I would be wetting myself laughing.  

Sorry mate, unfair to direct this specifically to you, but it is so soul-destroying to read the same comments time after time after time.

I'm very much a fan not an "anti" as you call it. I buy my season ticket and if you cared to read my posts they have been consistent all season. They are in support of Dean Holden as he was put in place by an Owner and Board that IN MY OPINION is not fit for purpose right now. I have been consistent in my opinion that the many people who attack Dean Holden are after the wrong person, a consistent opinion I have held since the guy was appointed. The structure needs to change (the Owner won't so something else has to). Save your ire for the people who constantly whinge and moan at the Manager after every single defeat, a manager who is finding life challenging BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS AT THE CLUB. Who created that little situation then? Perhaps you should write to Dean and tell him to pipe down if the management of the club are getting it so right?

Btw, I am not in the habit of putting laughing emoji's on any post that is supportive and for whatever reason you have picked on completely the wrong poster to be frank. I'm not your mate either. Save your apology for someone who cares, you are the last person I want or need an apology from to be quite honest. The next time you fancy being a "nodding dog" apologist for everything the hierarchy of the club say and do at least get your facts right when attacking the poster.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Lansdown and Ashton love the likes of you and the other people (not you) who moan like slags at Holden after each defeat. Can’t see the wood from the trees and constantly bagging the fall guy that the upstairs Circus put in place. Like I say it’s all unravelling now with Holden confirming to a tv commentator that the “politics” is making the job difficult.

Surely a good Owner and CEO ensure that a new inexperienced managerial appointment is free of that type of obstacle as they make their way through genuine challenges that we know they will face before you even consider politics UNLESS they have some different motive on their agenda and want him to be the fall guy?

Until people realise that our Owner and CEO are not running this football club properly (or if they are it’s for private reasons unknown) we will continue on our current path. Perhaps the next time these two complete and utter bullshitters spout “Top 6” you’ll see the pair of them for what they are and think for yourself not what they tell you.

I am also aware of all that too..

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

References to exciting football by Holden are becoming the equivalent to Lee Johnson mentioning identity. He’d be well advised to stop talking about it... I’m sure he’ll stop soon. 

Forget the penalty, we could have played all night and not scored. It just put us out of our misery and avoided another 30 mins of frustration.

What he should have said was " we contained them pretty well but in doing so we created absolutely nothing ourselves" That is the fact of the matter

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So please enlighten us. We all know we have a lovely stadium and new training ground. So what exactly on the pitch and in recruitment /scouting and coaching are you positive about . As your user name suggests you usually sit on the fence or get offended by the slightest thing. However I don’t get offended by much at all , so please for once vent your spleen . What is so bloody positive about the football right now ? 
this isn’t about Holden either it’s about the whole football structure 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm very much a fan not an "anti" as you call it. I buy my season ticket and if you cared to read my posts they have been consistent all season. They are in support of Dean Holden as he was put in place by an Owner and Board that IN MY OPINION is not fit for purpose right now. I have been consistent in my opinion that the many people who attack Dean Holden are after the wrong person, a consistent opinion I have held since the guy was appointed. The structure needs to change (the Owner won't so something else has to). Save your ire for the people who constantly whinge and moan at the Manager after every single defeat, a manager who is finding life challenging BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS AT THE CLUB. Who created that little situation then? Perhaps you should write to Dean and tell him to pipe down if the management of the club are getting it so right?

Btw, I am not in the habit of putting laughing emoji's on any post that is supportive and for whatever reason you have picked on completely the wrong poster to be frank. I'm not your mate either. Save your apology for someone who cares, you are the last person I want or need an apology from to be quite honest. The next time you fancy being a "nodding dog" apologist for everything the hierarchy of the club say and do at least get your facts right when attacking the poster.

????????

5 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Forget the penalty, we could have played all night and not scored. It just put us out of our misery and avoided another 30 mins of frustration.

What he should have said was " we contained them pretty well but in doing so we created absolutely nothing ourselves" That is the fact of the matter

Clutching a little here, but Wells to Paterson instead of shooting. We go 1 up.

Do you think we then contain Sheffield United sufficently to win? Or even contain and successfully counter on?

If we have that goal lead we can be that bit deeper and layered, structured and maybe the Mawson pen and red card doesn't happen.

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You are not only making assumptions about what was meant to fit with your agenda, but you even mis-quoted what was said, he said football politics, not the "at the club" bit.

So what does politics mean, well unless you had a conversation with DH and asked, you have no more clue than the rest of us. It could mean anything, it could refer to MA or SL, but as they are his bosses, slagging them off to a commentator is unlikely, it could be the politics between players, who gets on with whom, who is on higher wages or bonuses, or how things have to be done. It could be agents, it could be anything, but you give chapter and verse and expert opinion like its fact, on something we don't know.

You defend DH, which is fair enough, but he or the players are the ones that fans can have a genuine opinion on, based on what they see as some of there performance is clearly on view during match days. In DH case how he sets the team up, who he picks, when he makes substitutions, which a lot of us think he is showing poor inexperienced judgement and needs to be changed, unless of course you think MA picks the team and DH has to phone before he makes a sub.

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You are not only making assumptions about what was meant to fit with your agenda, but you even mis-quoted what was said, he said football politics, not the "at the club" bit.

So what does politics mean, well unless you had a conversation with DH and asked, you have no more clue than the rest of us. It could mean anything, it could refer to MA or SL, but as they are his bosses, slagging them off to a commentator is unlikely, it could be the politics between players, who gets on with whom, who is on higher wages or bonuses, or how things have to be done. It could be agents, it could be anything, but you give chapter and verse and expert opinion like its fact, on something we don't know.

You defend DH, which is fair enough, but he or the players are the ones that fans can have a genuine opinion on, based on what they see as some of there performance is clearly on view during match days. In DH case how he sets the team up, who he picks, when he makes substitutions, which a lot of us think he is showing poor inexperienced judgement and needs to be changed, unless of course you think MA picks the team and DH has to phone before he makes a sub.

Did I give CHAPTER AND VERSE expert opinion? Easy to play with words isn’t it.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clutching a little here, but Wells to Paterson instead of shooting. We go 1 up.

Do you think we then contain Sheffield United sufficently to win? Or even contain and successfully counter on?

If we have that goal lead we can be that bit deeper and layered, structured and maybe the Mawson pen and red card doesn't happen.

Assuming Paterson would have actually finished it mind. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Pay credit to the quality of Watford. Premier team. 

We improved second half. 

not good enough. 

we go again. Reading is massive. 

They're not though, are they. They were terrible towards the end of their Premier League tenure. Watford is also a small town with a vastly superior history to ours. Simply not good enough.

No excuse but they are a Premier League team and we had 10 players out injured.

My job to lift the team and put it right. No one will work harder than me to put it right. We regroup, we move on, we will look to bounce back against Reading get on the front foot and play fast entertaining attacking football. That's what the fans want, that's what I want. I can't wait.

Archived