IGNORED

What would a creative City set-up look like?

Dr Balls

So we have seen a whole load of different formations tried by DH, but the problem remains goals and creativity. Yet we have a load of midfielders, and it seems no way to maximise their potential.

On the evidence of recent games, my suggestion would be trying a formation of 4-2-3-1. Ideally the full backs would give width, and the 2 defensive midfielders would give some protection to the back 4, while 3 attacking midfielders would be the ones to create something.

So looking just at the midfield, based on form and potential, plus assuming both Williams and Walsh are injured, I suggest the following midfield:

Vyner or Bakinson         Nagy

Massengo        Palmer       Paterson

As to who plays up front, the most important attributes would be speed and movement, which rules out Fam I’m afraid. If Wells showed any interest he could play that role, while if Semenyo could shoot, he would be the ideal candidate.

Would DH ever go for this? Probably not. Might it suit the players we have? Possibly more than anything else that’s been tried recently.

Semenyo would still offer most for me in the wider position instead of Massengo, the times where he picks possession of their player or receives in tight spaces and makes a few yards for himself pushing us forward, also most of his assists from memory have come from getting into cut back positions

Archived