IGNORED

Most worrying thing is I don't even care anymore

DaveF

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

Does anyone else feel like this? I thought I would be annoyed but I actually don't care that we lost 6-0 which is pretty bad...

Completely disconnected from the club at the moment!

I’ve no likes left?, I feel exactly the same mate. Our football over the last 2-3 years has taken its toll on me, so much so that atm I just don’t care.

The owner, his son, and Ashton, have basically destroyed my feelings, it’s become a ‘mates’ club re our last two managers.  Nothing against DH because I like the bloke, but him and LJ only got employed because they are friends with the people at the top.

To be a top Championship club you need a manager with experience and know how, It’s so bloody crystal clear to everyone, except the people who pull the strings at City.

The last three years have served up the most dire, boring, and negative football I’ve ever seen from a City side, and I’m sick of it.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Of course we care otherwise we wouldnt be posting or starting threads, this is our club, we are here forever the rest are passing through it. Now sort it Steve or move on.

This is how i feel. It will always be the club i support and will support them til the day i die. 

We cant let this current shambles waver our support for "OUR" club. Just grates me that these excuses for footballers just carry on picking up their millions and will blag a contract somewhere else and move on.

I cant wait for this current lot of pretenders to move on.

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

Does anyone else feel like this? I thought I would be annoyed but I actually don't care that we lost 6-0 which is pretty bad...

Total agreement. Just resigned to the ultimate end of this boring, aimless football started by Johnson and continued by Holden.

It's called Relegation and the sad thing is after over seventy years as a City supporter, do I care?

No, because it follows a lifetime of promotion from Third League and the back there again within ten years.

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

Yeah, I don’t really care. Exactly the same as Millen era. Just a matter of when the board do something about it.

5 hours ago, Southport Red said:I feel the same. My first game was 1965. Thought nothing could be worse than 1982, but, dire as it was then, we CARED. We were united. Now it’s just so ‘meh’. The games come so thick and fast that you don’t even get time to cheer up before the next surrender is upon you. 

Like the OP said, (almost) don’t care any more. Never felt so disconnected from the club. 

Yep. Around the same date for me too.

Even less interested In the matches than Wells at the moment. 

Done the lot following City. From the heady days of the First Division to the depths of the bottom four of the Fourth. 

Lansdown’s vision is great, those implementing it not so. 

Would I trade what we have now, against a Steve Cotterill inspired team without Ashton as the CEO, his analysts, favourite scouts, meds and fitness gurus, even if that meant dropping a division, or even two. You bet. 

18 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Is it generally 2 team fans that say they don't care?

I'm a bit confused by it.

If I didn't care when we lose then I wouldn't care when we win.

And I certainly wouldn't be on a Bristol City forum

I don't have a second team but I do definitely feel very little at the moment. A combination of the pandemic and poor leadership.

18 hours ago, Markman said:

That's the Pandemic  - we all feel a little distant and the hurt is not quite so bad as we are not there, some us making long journeys, forking our loads of dosh home and away etc

It would all kick us in the teeth in we were allowed back and had slipped into trouble and face Div 1 again - for now there is perhaps an element of remoteness 

For me the remoteness comes from a total lack of communication from the club. Every week DH is sent out to offer his well rehearsed platitudes and clichés but from those around and above him utter silence. Where is our captain? almost as silent off the field and on. Where is Ashton and Lansdown senior and junior. For me its like a "let them eat cake" attitude. The only way these people wake up is through season ticket sales and match day attendances when fans return. They have to realise that £5-600 per year is a lot and many people will simple not pay that for the dross that is being served up. 

As Gregor very skilfully expressed, we at BCFC are impressing everywhere except where it really matters on the pitch.

We have created a world class and still improving stadium, sports bar, training facility, hospitality offers and concert line up. All of this this is done in a exceptionally good and professional way. At the same time we employ an unproven coach who has never played at a higher level or even worked under other successful coaches. We sell excellent young and hungry footballers buy players that nobody else really want. 

Our recruitment is a bit like trolling jumble sales to pick up a great bargain that shows how clever you are. Problem is we don't seem to attend the right jumble sales. Bargains are out there, you only have to look at Brentford to see that. 

So Mr Lansdown, if you actually care about the fans this is the time to make your self available for a no questions barred interview. In the opinion of the fans, the team you have assembled and the conditions you insist they work within are just not working.

We stupid people may be missing your wisdom. If so fine, tell us what we are missing. If not just admit that you got it badly wrong and give us some hope that you plan to make changes so we just might buy that season ticket for next year.

Please don't send Junior or Ashton out because they are a part of the problem.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For me the remoteness comes from a total lack of communication from the club. Every week DH is sent out to offer his well rehearsed platitudes and clichés but from those around and above him utter silence. Where is our captain? almost as silent off the field and on. Where is Ashton and Lansdown senior and junior. For me its like a "let them eat cake" attitude. The only way these people wake up is through season ticket sales and match day attendances when fans return. They have to realise that £5-600 per year is a lot and many people will simple not pay that for the dross that is being served up. 

As Gregor very skilfully expressed, we at BCFC are impressing everywhere except where it really matters on the pitch.

We have created a world class and still improving stadium, sports bar, training facility, hospitality offers and concert line up. All of this this is done in a exceptionally good and professional way. At the same time we employ an unproven coach who has never played at a higher level or even worked under other successful coaches. We sell excellent young and hungry footballers buy players that nobody else really want. 

Our recruitment is a bit like trolling jumble sales to pick up a great bargain that shows how clever you are. Problem is we don't seem to attend the right jumble sales. Bargains are out there, you only have to look at Brentford to see that. 

So Mr Lansdown, if you actually care about the fans this is the time to make your self available for a no questions barred interview. In the opinion of the fans, the team you have assembled and the conditions you insist they work within are just not working.

We stupid people may be missing your wisdom. If so fine, tell us what we are missing. If not just admit that you got it badly wrong and give us some hope that you plan to make changes so we just might buy that season ticket for next year.

Please don't send Junior or Ashton out because they are a part of the problem.

Great post -

I like the jumble sale recruitment Para

And SL can build all the infrastructure and facilities he likes 

Corporate facilities , food outlets and anything else is great for increasing income

and facilities like the training ground should provide a good facility for coaching and help with recruiting players

But if you let your key appointments p*ss money against the wall continually , you can keep bringing the money in but you won’t get anywhere

And if you don’t have the right quality coaches - excellent facilities won’t produce a good team on a Saturday afternoon 

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Great post -

Corporate facilities , food outlets and anything else is great for increasing income

and facilities like the training ground should provide a good facility for coaching and help with recruiting players

But if you let your key appointments p*ss money against the wall continually , you can keep bringing the money in but you won’t get anywhere

And if you don’t have the right quality coaches - excellent facilities won’t produce a good team on a Saturday afternoon 

Also, if there aren’t fans at the ground to use the food outlets, the model breaks.

23 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Is it generally 2 team fans that say they don't care?

I'm a bit confused by it.

If I didn't care when we lose then I wouldn't care when we win.

And I certainly wouldn't be on a Bristol City forum

2 team fans?? What are you on about. I’ve only one team, a team I’ve followed to bottom of the fourth division, a day I can clearly remember, we beat Wimbledon 4-2 on that day. 

I do not care atm, I have zero affinity with any player, or any of the clubs decision makers, why should I, the players are laughing, 20-30k a week for having very limited ability and even less fight and desire. 

This current crop are an embarrassment to all those who fought for the club, why should I care about them. 

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

2 team fans?? What are you on about. I’ve only one team, a team I’ve followed to bottom of the fourth division, a day I can clearly remember, we beat Wimbledon 4-2 on that day. 

Not only that but I think that we were 92nd in the league and totally outplayed them that day...!

11 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Great post -

Matt Busby once said that you will get a full house for good football team playing on a rubbish heap. But nobody will turn up to a fantastic stadium to watch a rubbish team!

On 13/02/2021 at 22:11, GasDestroyer said:

I’ve had enough of going down AG until serious change happens. No love for the current clowns. **** off Ashton.

You've been going down there regular like over the last 12 months? What you been up to then? Weeding the car park? Cleaning Jon's Fiat Panda? ?

Honiton, don't beat yourself up. You, your mates and everyone else who has regularly gone to watch City feels disconnected from the professional game. It is normal, this Covid experience will change the way every single one of us views our friends, our lives and our love for the City. 

None knows how we will feel when we get back to going to Ashton Gate and 23 other grounds in a season. 

What hasn't changed is there are keyboard 'fans' on this forum who don't ever go to games who just like to criticise the club most of us love. For this bunch of course, Covid hasn't changed their involvement with City as they just mock City on forums like OTIB 

I can't be assed to look, but this apparently exists on forums of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and every other club. 

Personally, I look forward to watching live football again involving City but am losing interest with Robins tv

I have given up on results.

What I haven't given up on though, and what makes this so hard, is surely we can muster a shot. Please. Not too much to ask for or to hope for.

Just shoot from kick off (we had 7 chances to do that at Watford), that would be a start.

Archived