IGNORED

What Three Questions?

Silvio Dante

Looking at it another way, it’s important that Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown ask the candidates the correct questions to ensure they are the right fit for the club. The first three they should ask are:

What is a cod lot?

What did Aiden Flint say?

What are daps?

1/ Will my personal account manager be personal to me, or will I need to share them?

2/ Is there anywhere within the stadium I can get some chips?

3/ If I get a positive reaction to Q2, would that need to be a cash or card transaction, or are there some sort of printed tickets I can use in exchange for my chips?

1. Do I have to sign this Non Disclosure Agreement now or can I do it later?

2. I couldn't help noticing the three of you reading the posts on the OTIB Forums. Do you pay any notice at all to what those wonderful fans think or say?

3. If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?........ Gerrofff !!!

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As most of us know, a part of interviewing is not just the employer interviewing the candidate, but also the candidate interviewing the employer. This will become more pertinent for us the higher calibre of candidate we want - for example Ben Garner would pretty much take any job, but Pep Guardiola would have lots of questions.

So, with that in mind, as a candidate - what three questions would you ask - and as importantly, what answers would be acceptable?

Heres mine:

1. What control will I have over transfers?

A: A large amount. The board reserve the right to veto any signing for financial or medical reasons, but not on football opinion. Players not be brought in over your head, except for the U23s

2. Who will I report to?

A: Jon Lansdown and the board. You are not a subordinate of Mark, but are expected to work with him on infrastructure matters

3. Why do you have so many injuries?

A: We don’t know. We are currently conducting a full review including the medical staff, the training of the prior regime and if we have recruited players with underlying issues. Actions will be taken following this review, but it will not be completed before this selection process is complete.

Over to you.

Q1. Will I have any authority to make signings that I believe will improve the chances of premiership football? 

Q2. You are joking aren't you? 

Q3. Can you call me a taxi quick sharpish

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Paul Cook definitely isn't a Bristol City manager, not the right fit at all culturally with or without Ashton.

Interesting, why not?

I watched his hour long interview yesterday and I liked a lot of what I heard!

*No huge wage or transfer demands budget wise- CHECK.

*Understanding of the need for regulations, especially FFP- CHECK.

*Feeding into above, a line that stood out. "Fulham have now money and that's fine. We can still compete with them 11 v 11". Now that wasn't the exact quote but the gist. Does he accept financial disparities? Seems so- CHECK.

*A man of integrity by the sounds of it, very much so- CHECK.

*Able to look lower down, as he spoke about Wigan and League One signings due to wage budget. Here he'd be starting from a higher base if anything- CHECK.

*A willingness and ability to grow player valuation. I can't recall the exact figures and he cited Kipre starting price vs value increase. We're all about enhancement of Player Value- difference is he seems to know how to do it more consistently- CHECK.

Throw in an attractive yet tactically sound style of play, seems able to galvanise a club, fanbase. Players clearly play for him if you look at Wigan.

What's not to like.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting, why not?

I watched his hour long interview yesterday and I liked a lot of what I heard!

*No huge wage or transfer demands budget wise- CHECK.

*Understanding of the need for regulations, especially FFP- CHECK.

*Feeding into above, a line that stood out. "Fulham have now money and that's fine. We can still compete with them 11 v 11". Now that wasn't the exact quote but the gist. Does he accept financial disparities? Seems so- CHECK.

*A man of integrity by the sounds of it, very much so- CHECK.

*Able to look lower down, as he spoke about Wigan and League One signings due to wage budget. Here he'd be starting from a higher base if anything- CHECK.

*A willingness and ability to grow player valuation. I can't recall the exact figures and he cited Kipre starting price vs value increase. We're all about enhancement of Player Value- difference is he seems to know how to do it more consistently- CHECK.

Throw in an attractive yet tactically sound style of play, seems able to galvanise a club, fanbase. Players clearly play for him if you look at Wigan.

What's not to like.

You got the link?  Would like to listen too.  Ta

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

1. What control will I have over transfers?

None, Mark has developed a proven world class analytics and scouting database, he has 30 years experience in the football industry  , he will provide you with a non stop conveyor belt of talent.  All you have to do is coach and mould them into a successful team . Easy.

2. Who will I report to?

Jon , if you can find him - he's going to spend his winters in Bermuda and will back in the summer for the cricket so if you see him, grab him. you may ask Mark for advice, he has all the power but no responsibility. Shit happens it's down to you.

3. Why do you have so many injuries?

We buy players in pre-injured.  Saves time.

See the source image

Archived