IGNORED

The Bristol City "Ineptness Index"

Olé

I posted a couple of weeks ago about games where City simply didn't turn up (all time worst games) - for the record we're on an unprecedented run of them (in black), as others have commented on here, this is some of the worst football ever played at Ashton Gate.

1856302035_Screenshot2021-02-21at20_23_39.thumb.png.cbce5870dcf7165c98f37250d67a2786.png

The data above, as before, shows our shots on target, vs goals conceded. For people who can't get their heads round xG, this is my simple way to reflect ineptness. A team can't concede more than it has shots on target or the opposition doesn't need to field a keeper.

I thought it might be easier to follow as a single line (shots on target - minus goals conceded), showing where standards dipped into ineptness. I'm calling it the "Ineptness Index". Games where this occurs are either absolutely ******* dreadful to watch or a total battering.

Helpfully, this graph does prove what many have said - this isn't a recent novelty, we've been getting worse for nearly 2 years now.

IneptnessIndex.thumb.png.6df8f5b1cbd199e17c7e92df7b17886e.png

Here's the link if you want to view the chart properly and see the specific matches where we've been completely and utterly inept:

http://bsthree.co.uk/inept/index.png

22 minutes ago, Olé said:

I posted a couple of weeks ago about games where City simply didn't turn up (all time worst games) - for the record we're on an unprecedented run of them (in black), as others have commented on here, this is some of the worst football ever played at Ashton Gate.

1856302035_Screenshot2021-02-21at20_23_39.thumb.png.cbce5870dcf7165c98f37250d67a2786.png

The data above, as before, shows our shots on target, vs goals conceded. For people who can't get their heads round xG, this is my simple way to reflect ineptness. A team can't concede more than it has shots on target or the opposition doesn't need to field a keeper.

I thought it might be easier to follow as a single line (shots on target - minus goals conceded), showing where standards dipped into ineptness. I'm calling it the "Ineptness Index". Games where this occurs are either absolutely ******* dreadful to watch or a total battering.

Helpfully, this graph does prove what many have said - this isn't a recent novelty, we've been getting worse for nearly 2 years now.

Here's the link if you want to view the chart properly and see the specific matches where we've been completely and utterly inept:

Lovely old job Rob. Also neatly shows that we were ok during the 8 game losing run, and nothing special during the 9 game winning run. Nice innovative visualisation.

24 minutes ago, Olé said:

Now that's how to turn data into information. Bravo!

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

international man of mystery nerd GIF

Archived