IGNORED

The Scouse Iniesta

Hampshire Red

47 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Did say he needs a loan. The fact the club gave him a 4 year deal during that Forest Green spell is enough for me. Also think with his play style, L2 isn’t the best fit for him. Like Bakinson I could see him taking to a higher level of football with midfielders involved more on the ball. 

Sorry, yes I think we were talking at cross purposes.

I do worry though when a player has repeated loan spells & seemingly can’t nail down a place anywhere, as happened with Hinds.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Waiting for the occasional day when COD demonstrates his pace and skill, and proves himself to be a handful to the opposition, is so frustrating. He performs so anonymously, so often, failing to make a mark on games, that I’ve given up on him. He had a couple of ok games before his injury but I honestly struggle to think of a motm performance he’s turned in for us - and not just this season. I can’t imagine him playing a regular part in a promotion winning side. 

I think that we have to move him on (if we can). 

He had just started to have an affect on games when he got injured.

He carried the ball well and often got us ( wasted ) free kicks with his energy and direct running. 

He is on a decent contract so I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere soon. 

Like many other players here he needs to start really making a difference.

We  have too many ‘ nearly ‘ good footballers at the club like Palmer, Semenyo, Moore etc who need to push onto a higher level.

Hopefully the new boss can get them there.

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sorry, yes I think we were talking at cross purposes.

I do worry though when a player has repeated loan spells & seemingly can’t nail down a place anywhere, as happened with Hinds.

Is a worry. Think there was things that went against him in each loan though. IIRC he had an injury at FG that set him back then at Grimsby Holloway was sacked. And he was needed as cover through January.

Idk if he will make it in the end but think in terms of money makes more sense to pay Morton 2k a week than Walsh 10k a week. That is with the Walsh we have had the past 3 season in mind. If he was seen as a building block and regular starter, then of course pay him. 

On 26/02/2021 at 11:46, Rudolf Hucker said:

Waiting for the occasional day when COD demonstrates his pace and skill, and proves himself to be a handful to the opposition, is so frustrating. He performs so anonymously, so often, failing to make a mark on games, that I’ve given up on him. He had a couple of ok games before his injury but I honestly struggle to think of a motm performance he’s turned in for us - and not just this season. I can’t imagine him playing a regular part in a promotion winning side. 

I think that we have to move him on (if we can). 

Exactly. Frauds it twice a season to keep himself at the club. Nowhere near consistent enough 

Archived