IGNORED

Injured players this season

WarksRobin

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

400 metre runners weren't they? Or at least one of them

Explains Weimans batteries. Him and Nagy together would be quite an engine in the middle.

56 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Clearly dawning on a lot of our players that they need to show a bit of mental fortitude on their road to recovery. 

Got to be a huge psychological boost and push to get back to work quicker than if your team is struggling as it has been. Expect competition for places to increase which should in turn breed improvements across the squad with regards application. All because we have the right man in charge.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I believe it's 18 injured from a squad of 40 and 2 are out on loan as well.

Of the 20 players fit and at the club, 9 are Academy products and 4 or 5 of them have never started a game for City.

We are still down to the bare bones, which makes these last couple of results all the more impressive. 

It is completely ridiculous.

To take one example that has had absolutely no attention since, Opi Edwards was said to have picked up a knock after the Wycombe win, that was at the end of December & no sign of him since.

With the greatest of respect he’s hardly the biggest loss but the length of time some of these players are missing is incredible.

41 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

interview with Nigel for Bristol Post says he doesn’t expect Weimann to be available this season? 

That's the thing, shows how long the gap between being out and running on the grass and being ready to play again can be, if Pearson stays on I fully expect Weimann to still be here next season 

On 01/03/2021 at 15:54, GrahamC said:

It is completely ridiculous.

To take one example that has had absolutely no attention since, Opi Edwards was said to have picked up a knock after the Wycombe win, that was at the end of December & no sign of him since.

With the greatest of respect he’s hardly the biggest loss but the length of time some of these players are missing is incredible.

If Steve Lansdown asked our 'performance' team for stats around recovery times for injuries and compared it to the exact same stats for the rugby team he'd sack the whole lot of them. 

In fact, that's who should be doing some kind of audit/investigation into this. Make use of the expertise in one sport to help the other. 

On 28/02/2021 at 16:01, BCFCGav said:

Me and my pops were trying to untangle our current injured list today. We make it 16(!):

Mawson, Baker, Dasilva, Rowe, Pring, Nurse, Williams, Walsh, Paterson, Lansbury, Weimann, COD, Ow Edwards, Opi Edwards, Adelakun, Martin.

I get so frustrated hearing about some of the prem teams ‘injury crises’. Bore right off!

you can add Watkins, Brunt (remember him?) and Janneh (who might well have featured if he weren't, you know...)

Me and my pops were trying to untangle our current injured list today. We make it 16(!):

Mawson, Baker, Dasilva, Rowe, Pring, Nurse, Williams, Walsh, Paterson, Lansbury, Weimann, COD, Ow Edwards, Opi Edwards, Adelakun, Martin.

I get so frustrated hearing about some of the prem teams ‘injury crises’. Bore right off!

you can add Watkins, Brunt (remember him?) and Janneh (who might well have featured if he weren't, you know...)

Archived