IGNORED

Today's Recorded Interview with Big Nige on Sound of the City 6-7pm tonight

Curr Avon

• The title was changed to Today's Recorded Interview with Big Nige on Sound of the City 6-7pm tonight

The more I hear him speak, the more confident I am that we've got someone who knows exactly what they're doing. Hopefully he'll stop us signing unattached mediocre players on mega wages, and maybe attract one or two players who otherwise wouldn't have given us a thought.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said pre-season that mental fatigue could be a problem, losing that sharpness of mind.

Them and me both, Dave. After watching that first QPR goal again you were right about the quality of the ball to Chair. Mapps was beaten by the pace and the header had nothing to do with the R's man's lack of height!

When asked what the reason was behind Bakinson’s early substitution on Saturday, NP replied with...

”I’ve come here to make decisions”

Also said he wants to try and change the mentality around the place.

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

When asked what the reason was behind Bakinson’s early substitution on Saturday, NP replied with...

”I’ve come here to make decisions”

Also said he wants to try and change the mentality around the place.

Love it!

We’ve needed someone like this managing the team since Cotts - no messing and says it as it is. Not afraid to make tough decisions.

He stated today that he’s enjoying his time here - just hope SL makes it permanent very soon so that we can start planning for next season!

Can see NP being confirmed a few days before ST sales start......

I dont understand why he is being so media friendly, especially as someone who has a reputation of not liking the media.

The two scenarios are a) he loves it here and wants the fans to buy into a long term project b) he is keeping his profile as high as possible ahead of his next move in the summer.

I'm inclined to A and that is brilliant.

I am not so concerned that he will be looking elsewhere, I am more concerned that the fact he is frank and forthright may be a problem for the powers that be.

I would hope they knew what they were getting however, if we stay up, which we will, SL may see it as job done and revert back to type for next year - that would truly not surprise me, disappoint me, yes, surprise me,no.

8 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I am not so concerned that he will be looking elsewhere, I am more concerned that the fact he is frank and forthright may be a problem for the powers that be.

I would hope they knew what they were getting however, if we stay up, which we will, SL may see it as job done and revert back to type for next year - that would truly not surprise me, disappoint me, yes, surprise me,no.

Assuming he keeps us up .... it’ll be a choice between Ashton and maintaining the status quo or Pearson and a breath of fresh.

No doubting the outcome of that one. Steve wouldn’t have a decision to make, apart from staying or stepping aside. 

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I don't think so this time. After to many years lost with the belief of trying to shoehorning a manager in that fits with the belief i think this has come to an end.

Lansdown has now come to the conclusion at last this long term plan is dead.

If Pearson leaves at the end of the season he will have the biggest revolt by fans in all his time here. Season ticket sales will be a disaster.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

I don't think so this time. After to many years lost with the belief of trying to shoehorning a manager in that fits with the belief i think this has come to an end.

Lansdown has now come to the conclusion at last this long term plan is dead.

If Pearson leaves at the end of the season he will have the biggest revolt by fans in all his time here. Season ticket sales will be a disaster.

I think you are right regarding a ‘revolt’, there is a general,acceptance that Nige in the way forward.

Something just niggles at me that SL may see it differently and xxxx the supporters, it’s ‘my’ club.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I dont understand why he is being so media friendly, especially as someone who has a reputation of not liking the media.

The two scenarios are a) he loves it here and wants the fans to buy into a long term project b) he is keeping his profile as high as possible ahead of his next move in the summer.

No, clearly b), hence the regler appearances on Radio Local. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is this his way of communicating directly with the supporters? If so he is getting us on his side even if a probable volume already were after three seasons of totally boring, defensive, negative home performances.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I think you are right regarding a ‘revolt’, there is a general,acceptance that Nige in the way forward.

Something just niggles at me that SL may see it differently and xxxx the supporters, it’s ‘my’ club.

I really can't see that happening. SL knows he has made previous mistakes that have riled supporters. Now he has everyone on side and I don't think he would do anything to jeopardise that.He knows he would never be taken seriously again.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So have we worked out the difference between Magnússon being thrown under the bus by lj and tyreeq being hauled off after half an hour by pearson?

Not too difficult is it

Pearsons was a decision made in match to effect the game, but at no point has verbally criticised Bakinsons performance 

Johnsons throwing under the bus was after the final whistle , and publicly criticised Mags to deflect his own shortcomings

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So have we worked out the difference between Magnússon being thrown under the bus by lj and tyreeq being hauled off after half an hour by pearson?

An 18 year age gap and a 7 inch height difference.

Archived