IGNORED

FA Youth Cup vs Fleetwood Town 7pm Today - Streamed on YouTube

Lrrr

Wasn’t watching intently, but thought we stopped playing.  Kadji and Scott didn’t really show from about an hour onwards after a really bright start to second half.  Fleetwood in fairness pretty good, and it got tasty for a spell.  Thought Prince didn’t do enough either as we lost momentum.

Luca Smith in goal saved us a few times, v.good double save, especially the first one hit across him.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Dylan Lewis the winger that came on looked really dangerous I thought. 

Scored 7 goals for a team of trialists in one game against City under 13s, and City signed him up immediately. Not surprised!

Is that the lad who played on the far side? Looked very good.

Special mentions for Alex Scott and CB Bell. Both looked classy.

Fleetwood’s Center backs were excellent too! Two well matched sides. They have done well with nothing like our resources. However win well earned. We have got to get the next round covered, this is more fun than watching the blokes with the big motors!

AND I would be prepared to pay if the money went into the academy!

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Fleetwood’s Center backs were excellent too! Two well matched sides. They have done well with nothing like our resources. However win well earned. We have got to get the next round covered, this is more fun than watching the blokes with the big motors!

AND I would be prepared to pay if the money went into the academy!

One was a lad called Josh Feeney just 15yrs old I believe...

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Sheffield Utd or Peterborough away in 5th round, make it past that and its one of Swansea/Middlesbrough/Ipswich/Swindon away in the quarter finals

image.thumb.png.4aa28ada074e68ae87c91dc2091bb248.png

Are either of our opponents any good?  I know you said Fleetwood were a decent youth side.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are either of our opponents any good?  I know you said Fleetwood were a decent youth side.

Sheffield Utd youth sides are always handy, our 23’s were on the receiving end of a 4-0 at Bramall Lane earlier this season, however Opi did get a red card. That being said the City u18’s league position is misleading, you put the likes of Scott, Benarous, Francois, Bell in there all season rather than dropping in and out and you’d expect them to do much better. Winnable is the way I’d describe it, looking at last years results, they haven’t played them yet this season and last years game was due to be after the league was curtailed so they haven’t played each other for a couple of years. 

As for Peterborough they’re top of their league as Fleetwood were so will be another team playing with confidence, a cat 3 team again as well. 

Archived