IGNORED

Marcus Maddison - depression

Lanterne Rouge

Well done to him for being able to speak out. I remember back on deadline day in January 2020 the Peterborugh chairman publicly laid him over his refusal to sign a new contract. When he talks about abuse, I wonder if that played a role and if football managers and chairman should think a little more about the human consequences of publicly throwing players to the wolves. 

Beyond that, sounds like his contract expired and he moved at the wrong time. He moved from Peterborough to Hull weeks before a global pandemic, then from Hull to South East London and, within three months, to Bolton. That would be unsettling even without a pandemic restricting your ability to see people including your young kid. 

Really hope he sticks it out and sees if things improve for him post-pandemic but must be a grim experience for him at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Well done to him for being able to speak out. I remember back on deadline day in January 2020 the Peterborugh chairman publicly laid him over his refusal to sign a new contract. When he talks about abuse, I wonder if that played a role and if football managers and chairman should think a little more about the human consequences of publicly throwing players to the wolves. 

Beyond that, sounds like his contract expired and he moved at the wrong time. He moved from Peterborough to Hull weeks before a global pandemic, then from Hull to South East London and, within three months, to Bolton. That would be unsettling even without a pandemic restricting your ability to see people including your young kid. 

Really hope he sticks it out and sees if things improve for him post-pandemic but must be a grim experience for him at the moment. 

I hope so too. I also hope he reads what the Bolton fans say in the comments section of the article and takes some comfort from that.

Archived