IGNORED

Sorry to say

Ivorguy

Fuber,

Sounds like you should give up your day job and go into football management or ownership. You seem to have all the suggestions and answers that no one at Bristol City has and very few other clubs in the Championship have either; so you must be very very clever.

If i was a betting man i would not place a penny on your plan becuase it is all predicated on the sucess of one man-NP. This is a very risky strategy when he has failed to do what he did at Watford and get any sort of bounce from our players who do not look as keen to play for him as they did for our previous managers.

He is also 'Old School' and whilst numpties on here still rate McCarthy and Warnock, I'm afraid backing another Old Timer in NP is also unwise.

Football now has a 90/10 or 80/20 split of failures to successes in all leagues - in EPL only Man City, Leicester &West Ham can say they have had successful seasons v Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, the relegated teams and more have 'Failed'. In the Championship the promoted clubs will be happy for 4 months plus Luton, Coventry and Barnsley will be considered 'successful' this season. Everyone else will have failed, especially Boro, Cardiff, BRFC, Forest, Derby, Stoke, the relegated three ...and Bristol City. We are not alone, we in the vast majority so. very very few people in football management ever get it right

Next season will be contested by Fulham, WBA, Sheff Utd and perhaps one 'surprise team' If you really think NP will manage us to be that 'surprise team', then good luck to you and have a summer full of great hopes

9 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Very well put as expected.

For me, a clumsy, lackadaisical centre-forward performance, and the incident you refer to with Wells when Fam just let Wells chase back after Fam’s own poor touch made me apoplectic. What worries me about that incident specifically is that it was allowed to go by unchecked. Kalas, Lansbury, even Nagy or Rowe should have been at him after that. Speaks volumes.

The fact that he will not be here next season is (mostly) the clubs fault, the fact that he cannot apply himself whilst still here is his fault. The fact he is still getting picked is baffling.

exactly to all 3 points!

Anyone who knows football will find his current output at best frustrating and at worst negligent.

For what its worth, for me, even if he had signed a bumper 3 year deal, his current level of performance does not warrant a place.

my worry was he’d stay in comfort zone, I think he’s showed his true colours during this run of games.

Lets not forget that this was the clubs record signing, ambling towards the exit with zero recompense for our club, because we have catastrophically mismanaged the whole thing.

A complete mess and leaves a sour taste for all.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

7 hours ago, Fuber said:

LJ didn't have players whittling contracts down to consider, as Ashton actually did his job selling them on when former was in charge, its only here and now its come to a head.

Yep, a point I’ve made previously.  Whilst financially well intentioned in Covid times, the footballing impact has naively been impact assessed, made worse by inconsistency (Diedhiou offered a deal, nobody else has)

The latter's last 12 months have been nothing short of a farce.

and maybe MA has had his eye on other distractions, Ipswich, for some time.  This didn’t happen in the last couple of weeks.  Anyone who thinks it did is mad!!!  Even if true that SL asked him to stay, is naive.  You don’t make plans like this to change your mind.

How can Pearson be blamed where the playing squad, contract issues, staff, and outlying factors remain exacty the same?

yep, fundamental issues growing over time.  NP is basically find out the issues, others have tried to hide / cover up....in some ways they covered them well.

Like expecting a new manager bounce when th trampoline is lead-lined.

In fact, Pearson has it worse - the squad had more reason to fight for Dean given he was 'popular'. Nige can only play on their pride, literally the only tool he has. Anyone appointed, in the same position, same problem.

Short Answer:

They don't care.

Off the pitch, things have gone downhill since Keith Dawe resigned.

Ashton's taken credit for his legwork (stadium and training facilities). Jon's designed us a couple of football shirts and gone Awol. Wage spending has gone up 40% in three years since foremost name resigned.

Change is needed, now, from top to bottom. The only part I'd leave in place is Nigel Pearson. The only person looking in with any track record of promotion and PL experience in this club.

Agree.  Disappointed as I was last night by team selection and tactics, I wonder if NP is genuinely allowing some of it to play out to allow some players to dig their own graves.  A dangerous game, but for someone with his experience maybe not.  That might have been SL’s remit....go find me the players who want to play for City, weed out the ones that don’t.

Off the pitch? - Massive work needed. Ashton has left a bloated disease ridden husk in his wake.

Sack Ashton now. Gardening leave, whatever, I don't ******* care, just get him out of that door - pronto.

Get a DOF in. Get a COO appointed.

Sack the coaching staff, move U23/18 coaches up until end of season - prioritise replacements on Pearson remit partially, key positions filled on basis of club retained in case of sack.

Same for Rolls and the entire medical and fitness teams, straight out the door. Our injury numbers, inury diagnosis, rumours, and rushing players back is apex amateur hour and has been for seemingly two years, enough is enough.

Recruitment, let the DoF sort on latters appointment and review of systems (preferably Steve Walsh).

Rid ourselves of the deadwood. Prime candidates being Hunt, Diedhiou, Baker, Adelakun, Lansbury, Marriapa, Watkins, Weimann (more due injury risk and wages), Paterson, Rowe let contracts run down, no new deals.

Sell - Wells, Moore (p/x possible), Walsh (Compensation), Nagy (£3m total). If we feel further cashflow is needed look at selling Bentley (£5m).

Promote - Nurse, Pring, Conway, Bell, Pearson - as cover, dependant on signings. Review remainder sorting loans as feels needed.

It really does need the clear out you suggest (I might not agree with every player, but that’s ok)

Remit recruitment and DoF to target a mix of championship free agents, abroad targets - lack of TV rights having impacted cash flows meaning possible discounted fees, and poaching  league one/two targets, keeping in mind an jnter-club wage ceiling that I feel needs establishing, I.e. 110% of revenue urnover outside of transfer fees received, review on a biannual basis.

very good post ??????

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s remarkable really,like last night people saying rovers have to win every game left 3 zip and Wigan lose every game,some people are not good at maths it has to be said

My math is pretty decent even if I don't liked it. What I said it was more like a sarcastic sentence. To show our level of disgusting football. If we would be 3 points safe now I would bet on our relegation.

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Fuber,

Sounds like you should give up your day job and go into football management or ownership. You seem to have all the suggestions and answers that no one at Bristol City has and very few other clubs in the Championship have either; so you must be very very clever.

If i was a betting man i would not place a penny on your plan becuase it is all predicated on the sucess of one man-NP. This is a very risky strategy when he has failed to do what he did at Watford and get any sort of bounce from our players who do not look as keen to play for him as they did for our previous managers.

He is also 'Old School' and whilst numpties on here still rate McCarthy and Warnock, I'm afraid backing another Old Timer in NP is also unwise.

Football now has a 90/10 or 80/20 split of failures to successes in all leagues - in EPL only Man City, Leicester &West Ham can say they have had successful seasons v Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, the relegated teams and more have 'Failed'. In the Championship the promoted clubs will be happy for 4 months plus Luton, Coventry and Barnsley will be considered 'successful' this season. Everyone else will have failed, especially Boro, Cardiff, BRFC, Forest, Derby, Stoke, the relegated three ...and Bristol City. We are not alone, we in the vast majority so. very very few people in football management ever get it right

Next season will be contested by Fulham, WBA, Sheff Utd and perhaps one 'surprise team' If you really think NP will manage us to be that 'surprise team', then good luck to you and have a summer full of great hopes

Would you rather fans and supporters sit silent an keep their opinions to themselves?

Surely we should advocate praising when the club does well and rightly criticising when doing poor. Suggestions made on the back of the latter occur where I, and other posters, want the club to succeed. I see nothing wrong in that. Suggestions are exactly that. Nobody here knows all the ins and out behind the scenes. 

If I'm suggesting replacing the entire coaching and large majority of the playing staff it's dependant on one solitary figure? OK. Sure. Point in regards to managers then. 

Bielsa was a Risk. 

Wilder was a Risk. 

Holden was a Risk. 

Risks are part and parcel of this game. They're completely unavoidable. The key thing is this. 

We need decisive action. 

In regards to the second point in bold - I don't understand what point your trying to make. Failure and Success is ultimately dependant on shorter term club goals, multiple factors and unexpected events can warp said goals over the coarse of the season, best laid plans etc. We can only plan, mitigate, and adjust. 

For me, for us - as an example, next season. Mid-table. Longer term goal would be challenging for the Play-offs, from a personal perspective.

As for my supposed answers I have that every other championship club doesn't have? 

There's nothing mind bendingly complicated in any of my suggestions on the playing evidence of the team as current. Most of it I consider common sense. At no stage have I by any means suggested there'll be success. This would be to re-establish a baseline to build upon. 

Fuber,

Your c omments are fair. The first edition came across to me as being everything the club has done has been wrong when mostly we have succeeded and then the appt' of NP will solve the problems which based on his record at Derby and Ashton Gate look very unlikely. Thanks for explaining further.

COYRs

It's a tricky one. Most managers have a dodgy time somewhere, NP with us and abroad. I think he did OK at Watford.

But look at Moyes - he's absolutely tearing it up at West Ham, following a number of failures at other clubs. Mind you, one of those was ManUre, where he had a massive rebuilding job to do (and didn't get it right). Or Solskjaer - good in ?Norway, rotten at Baardiff, pretty poor at first at ManUre but now doing well.

So maybe we do need to give Pearson time, I don't know. But it was interesting that on the 3 Peaps' pod, they were talking about Chris Wilder...

Archived