IGNORED

If Fam is picked tomorrow

Numero Uno

38 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I agree with you, but hope you felt this way when the likes of Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan did the exact same thing and downed tools after the League Cup exit 

Shortly after the league cup exit we played away at Leeds and threw away a two goal lead. As it all went to pot toward the end and we tried to avoid throwing the lead away, Bobby Red dropped back into midfield and utterly worked his arse off. He was utterly everywhere and the only player who could walk away from that second half with his head held high over his contribution.

I do occasionally read your posts and wonder if, pre-COVID, you ever actually managed to make it to games.  That is not a judgement - people have a lot of reasons why they cannot make it and, living in London, I certainly couldn’t go every week. But there are times where your perception on here vastly differs from what I’ve seen in the stadium, and Bobby Reid most certainly did not down tools. 

37 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Shortly after the league cup exit we played away at Leeds and threw away a two goal lead. As it all went to pot toward the end and we tried to avoid throwing the lead away, Bobby Red dropped back into midfield and utterly worked his arse off. He was utterly everywhere and the only player who could walk away from that second half with his head held high over his contribution.

I do occasionally read your posts and wonder if, pre-COVID, you ever actually managed to make it to games.  That is not a judgement - people have a lot of reasons why they cannot make it and, living in London, I certainly couldn’t go every week. But there are times where your perception on here vastly differs from what I’ve seen in the stadium, and Bobby Reid most certainly did not down tools. 

Agree.

I don’t think Bryan did either.

What I saw was a succession of team changes that changed us big time.

We saw the familiar:

Fielding

Wright Flint Bakinson Magnússon 

Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan

Paterson Reid

become very different

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

O’Dowda Smith Pack Kent

Diedhiou Reid 

Bryan was so good LM, and we all know he can get exposed at LB, but having the likes of Kent in front of him hardly helped.  At times we lost Smith to RB, Paterson wide mid.

And of course the intensity of the press was gone from the front.

Have a feeling that if the story that Pearson needs results to improve to get a contract that we might see a far more experienced side today than the one many of us would pick.

That could well include Fam, poor as he has been.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

I don’t think Bryan did either.

What I saw was a succession of team changes that changed us big time.

We saw the familiar:

Fielding

Wright Flint Bakinson Magnússon 

Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan

Paterson Reid

become very different

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

O’Dowda Smith Pack Kent

Diedhiou Reid 

Bryan was so good LM, and we all know he can get exposed at LB, but having the likes of Kent in front of him hardly helped.  At times we lost Smith to RB, Paterson wide mid.

And of course the intensity of the press was gone from the front.

Agree with all that, and I agree Bryan didn’t down tools either. It was just that I didn’t have such as a precise example come to mind as I did with Reid at Leeds.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

So what will be the reaction if Fam, Lansbury and Rowe all sign new contracts then? NIge seems to pick all 3 most games so wouldn't be a shock if it happened. I would boo then too...... 

I don't think Fam will be signing a new contract, certainly not the one that MA says he was offered.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

So what will be the reaction if Fam, Lansbury and Rowe all sign new contracts then? NIge seems to pick all 3 most games so wouldn't be a shock if it happened. I would boo then too...... 

Fam is the one I would be most frustrated by. Aside from everything else, I just don’t think he will fit any system we play next season and I don’t see any reason to pay him the supposed biggest contract in our history that he allegedly has been offered.

I’d rather we did not keep Lansbury but get this is his first regular football in a long time and he has shown some small improvements. Him getting a new contract is not something I would agree with but I’d give him a chance to prove himself next season. 

With Rowe, it depends what expectations are. He can fill in in three or four positions and his work ethic is decent enough. I don’t want him to be first or second choice left back next season but, if we had a mass exodus, and he was happy sitting on the bench to cover multiple positions on the understanding two or three left backs and several centre midfields were ahead of him for starting places, I’d understand why we would keep him on.

To be clear, I’d personally move on all three but Diedhiou is the only one I’d actually be angry at.

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I wouldn't be too surprised or unhappy if Rowe and Lansbury were offered contracts.

Diedhiou can do one.

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

That second half of that season, as a collective that squad of players, including the two aforementioned, pretty much rolled over and gave up. They already had their eyes on their summer moves . 

I agree a lot of people have different opinions and views then me, I can remember 9 months ago posting on here I could see this season being an absolute disaster and could see our decline coming a mile off.....I got absolutely slaughtered on here . I had people calling me out left , right and centre when 'Deano' got off to a good start 

To many City fans can't see things for what they really are sometimes . For to long we have had a squad of players here have been allowed to get away with absolute murder 

Archived