IGNORED

Play Out Of This Division

potbelly

I have thought for a few seasons now that the best way out of this division is to muscle your way out.

The best example of this in recent years was Wigan. Preston did it and the same could be said of Plymouth last year.

Not pretty to watch, but history over the past 4-5 years shows how to do it.

Danny almost got the formula right last year. Tight at the back, we just lacked the `big boys` up front to lump the ball up to.

This season Tins has openly opted to "Play" our way out. A brave decision, methinks.

QPR did it last year, and when it works it is very pleasing on the eye.

But, this is fantasy football.

Yes we want to see lots of goals, yes we want to tear teams apart with open attacking football, but it is very difficult to maintain at our level. There are simply too many boot boys out there just waiting to spoil this brand of football.

I think we will start well, i hope we can maintain it, but my prediction for the season is that we will finish top 4, again. and that it will be more down to luck and others results if we are to go up automatically.

People on here saying that we will go up as champions with 100 points and as many goals are living in a fantasy land.

I want us to go up, my heart says we will, but my head tells me that a team like Tranmere will win the league, and we will be up against Sheff`Wed for the second spot by playing the same type of football that is just not suited to this league.

Anyway, heres to three points today.

To many Rookie teams in this Division in all fairness, City have a Reputation for Playing football ( Passing as the game was ment ) and other teams just wanna play Long Ball, this season any team we come up against, Man for Man we are going to the better side, Tinnion has got it spot on for his strategy for the 2004/2005 season, with the formation he's going for is going to slightly sacrifise the way we have been playing for the past few years but give us what we were laking for so long !GOALS! And you never know maybe a Penaulty. :(

And you never know maybe a Penaulty. :(

I agree, the fact that we went the WHOLE of last season without a penalty wasn't bad luck or referee bias, it was a sign of a lack of penetration up front. If forwards and midfielders burst into the box (as Heffernan does) they are going to get fouled - No Pens = No penetration simple as that.

The season before last we finished 3rd missing out on promotion to Crewe.

That season we played fantastic attacking football (for the main part) ripping teams apart but lost out to a strong Wigan and an excellent Crewe. I know, different manager, different players, Muarry not in the same form, but this divsion is weaker then that one.

Personally i think we can play our way out of this division provided the players heads are right.

Let's start by a win today.

COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Archived