IGNORED

Nigel, Neil, Mick, Chris, Sam & Tony ...

BS4 on Tour...

Well, it’s looking likely that next season’s championship will see messrs Pearson, Warnock, McCarthy, Hughton, Allardyce & Mowbray pitting their wits against each other - that’s a formidable set of experienced and successful geezers - over 5,300 games as managers between them and a combined total of 19 promotions shared amongst that group with every one of them achieving at least 2 ... I love seeing the gnarly, proper football gaffers going head to head, although undoubtedly some will dismiss that list as containing more dinosaurs than Jurassic Park ... bring it on!

Of the ones you list, Allardyce can at least claim to have been an innovator in his day, for which he doesn't get much credit.

But there is a place for all sorts in the game, as Barnsley and Reading have shown with imaginative appointments.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I skimread the list, I missed Big Sam somehow- definitely staying at WBA is he?

PL manager IMO, this will be first time back at this level since if memory serves, 2000/01! I recall he was early on Prozone.

He did a year at this level with West Ham in 11/12.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I skimread the list, I missed Big Sam somehow- definitely staying at WBA is he?

PL manager IMO, this will be first time back at this level since if memory serves, 2000/01! I recall he was early on Prozone.

He has said it depends on whether he is backed. Which is code for give me lots of money to spend

36 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He has said it depends on whether he is backed. Which is code for give me lots of money to spend

In theory WBA might be able to, but in practice they don't seem that big spenders (yes Parachute Payments) but as opposed to some others ie Fulham, then Stoke under Rowett not so much.

Archived