IGNORED

Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case against Derby

Curr Avon

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - all of that would essentially amount to reasons to strip him of the captaincy. Getting in a car with people he knew to be drink driving could only be gross misconduct if the same charge and punishment was given to everyone who got in the car, not least those driving.

I think the problem for the club is they tried to act  as those the two (valuable) players driving were wide eyed youngsters who needed guidance from senior players but they were 23 and 25 at the time. That is certainly old enough to be responsible for the consequences of their actions.

No, they tried to act like a club who knew that if they did the decent thing, they end up having to write-off several million of asset value….the irony that if they’d followed a straight line amortisation model, the hit wouldn’t have been so bad!

Incident aside, 316 starts out of 330 games is incredible availability.

He was clearly unfairly treated because of his age and current value to them compared to the youngsters. That said, as captain and an experienced pro he really should have stopped them driving and definitely shouldn't have been in the car with them

1 hour ago, Super said:

I think people would think different if he was still our player.

Not at all. 

If it was us and not Derby that held the contracts for all 3, and the same scenario had panned out, then I'm pretty sure there would be a lot up in arms about it. 

Same punishment for all 3, maybe a bigger fine for the captain, or all 3 sacked. 

Archived