IGNORED

Mr C Roberts

Keepers Ball

If Christian Robert's ever decided to put in a transfer request I would'nt blame him one bit.Going by the decision of leaving him on the bench until nine minutes from time ontop of last season it seems to me his face doesnt fit.

Well I suppose that would keep the "knitting circle" that are anti-Roberts happy !

If Christian Robert's ever decided to put in a transfer request I would'nt blame him one bit.Going by the decision of leaving him on the bench until nine minutes from time ontop of last season it seems to me his face doesnt fit.

Well I suppose that would keep the "knitting circle" that are anti-Roberts happy !

Mr Roberts has to earn his place, as do all the other possible players.

Roberts was ready to come on at 76 mins.. He wasnt bought on till 84.. what can you do in 6 mins when the rest of the team are playing badly??? He deserved a place 100000000000000000000000000000000000 times more than Lita did on pre season form.. as did Gillispie and Miller...

:( What for all of his nine minutes ?

It wasn't even that long by the time they got him on. I laughed at some munter behind me.

All these error everywhere all game and who got loudly criticised first time he miscontrolled it after being on the pitch for 1 minute?

Guest Big Si

How can roberts be described as abysmal after only playing for 6 minutes? At least he wasnt abysmal for the other 84 like murray and heff.

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

Am I reading too much into it but it looked like Roberts was going to throw his shirt into the crowd at the end before giving it to a young lad down the front.

Could this have been a goodbye gesture ????

How can roberts be described as abysmal after only playing for 6 minutes? At least he wasnt abysmal for the other 84 like murray and heff.

Big Si, you can't say that about Murray!

So what that he cost us half a million in the bank, so what that he he strays offside more times than Sven, so what that every defender he plays against shrugs him off the ball easily.

He is Tins best man and deserves his place :(

Actually, I don't think we need to worry about Scoot. I remain convinced he can recreate the one good season he has had in his career. Keep the faith :city:

Guest Big Si

well neo, what can I say.

Clearly Murrays strength is running onto through balls from a deep position and finishing, but if he plays right up front, his role doesnt allow him to do this, and he isnt going to compete in the air against some big centre back.

I am kind of in favour of 4 4 2 with murray on the right, and I reckon all the strikers would be more familar with what they have to do in this formation. However, Tinman knows more about the team than I do!

Si.

It's true roberts didn't play well but he can't really influence the game in 6 mins. I can think of about 6 other players who played alot longer and worse though. Some ugly bird sat behind me was obviously one of the anti-roberts clan after i heard scream "oh for (I tried to say a naughty word) sake roberts you're sh!t" even though he was nowhere even close to getting to the long ball which bobbled straight out for a goal kick. The funniest bit was that was the first time i heard her even praise or critise a city player as the rest of the match she spent talking about her friends new puppy.

well neo, what can I say.

Clearly Murrays strength is running onto through balls from a deep position and finishing, but if he plays right up front, his role doesnt allow him to do this, and he isnt going to compete in the air against some big centre back.

I am kind of in favour of 4 4 2 with murray on the right, and I reckon all the strikers would be more familar with what they have to do in this formation. However, Tinman knows more about the team than I do!

Si.

I think the 4-3-3 can work to tremendous effect. But, and it's a big BUT, Murray does not fit in to it in the top 3. It's that simple.

Gillespie, Roberts and Miller should all be ahead of Murray in the top 3.

I don't see why Murray can't play alongside Orr and Tommy. I think he will be very effective working on the right side of the 3 helping out Smith in both defence and attack.

He would have to work hard, but I think he has the energy to at least do it for 70 minutes every game.

As you say, completely ineffective. I watched Roberts at both Clevedon and Yeovil in that position and he loved it.

Permanently attacking the right side of the 18 yard box, moving in to the middle, going out wide. Looked completely at home there.

Tin's insistence on letting his mate play up top could well leaving him very openly exposed to criticism and unnecessary pressure if it don't happen for Scoot soon, which I don't think it will in that role.

Roberts deserved more than nine mins . I think he should have started instead of leroy but like someone said his face might not fit. I for one thought roberts was one of our best players in pre season yet he scores goals and is stll not picked. :(

Tinman really rates Leroy - i remember seeing an interview with him before he was manager (incider perhaps) where he said he reckons Leroy will score alot of goals for City.

As for Roberts, Tinman must be all too aware of the minority anti-Roberts faction ( he's a long time reader of this Forum after all) and also that Roberts needs a bit of a run in his favoured position to gain confidence and shine like he did at the end of last season. The fact that Roberts got 5 minutes or so today ( "Go on Robbo, win the match for City YET AGAIN") leads me to believe that Roberts will thrive no more under Tinman than he did under the mismanagement of Wilson for three quarters of last season.

Great goal by Lita, otherwise a superfluous performance. I thought Heffernan was the one given licence to score and do nothing else - we can't afford 2 surely?) He's not as good as Roberts, but Tinman has laid his stall out and with Leroy's goal now safely in the record books the decision to play him could be seen as the right one. However, that's far from the whole story and i would play Roberts, Miller or Gillespie as starters before 20 minute dynamite sub Leroy ever got on the pitch.

In fact it's hard to understand why both Gillespie and Roberts, who both looked excellent in pre-season did not start today, in place of the diminutive, unbalanced and largely ineffective front trio.

I'm hoping for wholesale changes in attack for Tuesday. After all if current form is the criteria, that's what we've been led to expect.

.So the majority of us agree then.....

..BLOODY PLAY ROBERTS FROM THE START !!!

Yes, but there's about 6 blokes who constantly fill this forum with threads about how #### Roberts is and back each other up.

Anyone reading the forum would think the fans don't rate him, in fact would be glad if City got shot of him.

Though this is complete rubbish, it's really looking like they might get their way.

Entertaining player, always likely to be a matchwinner, better than what we had on show today, City's loss if Tinman doesn't rate him. :(

Archived