IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apparently it is possible it will be delayed until June 1st...

On Twitter somewhere- link seems not to work, Elias Burke.

I thought EFL shares for the new season were issued today (31st) and they had given Kirchener this (last / latest) deadline for that reason.

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apparently it is possible it will be delayed until June 1st...

On Twitter somewhere- link seems not to work, Elias Burke.

Something to do with 30th May being Memorial Day in US….surely a businessman understands working days in relevant countries?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Has it or more to the point, will a takeover actually happen,

This is like crossing the t's and dotting the i's on rovers uwe stadium all over again

Thought it was supposed to happen on June 1st. Since then.....nothing. EFL have had their pants pulled down with so called deadlines happening over the past 12 months I can see this dragging into the new season imo.

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought it was supposed to happen on June 1st. Since then.....nothing. EFL have had their pants pulled down with so called deadlines happening over the past 12 months I can see this dragging into the new season imo.

If it does, I think it’s an immediate 15 point deduction for starting a season in administration. I believe it’s a blanket penalty as well so no wriggle room.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So is Kirchner using a US Holiday and 2 days UK Bank Holidays to eke this one out?

Despite another promised deadline being broken Derby fans don't seem to be bothered. They seem to have the same faith in him that they had in Morris.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 10:01, GreedyHarry said:

If it does, I think it’s an immediate 15 point deduction for starting a season in administration. I believe it’s a blanket penalty as well so no wriggle room.

Derby......wriggle room?

The very thought of it!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

I'm waiting for this thread to get very hot. Imminently. ?

More than enough comments and rumors circulating up here to indicate that "forgot the Bank Holidays" was a convenient excuse for "You mean it really will cost that much ....".

Latest is that CK has put no cash into the club.  The wages were met by someone 'close to the club'.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 1
  • Robin 2

So we have Ed Dawes of Radio Derby and the Mail saying the deal will collapse and Nixon saying it's held up by money laundering checks. The bank holiday/inefficiency of US banks excuses seem to have been dropped.

The thing with Nixon is that Derby fans slagged him off when he was saying things they didn't like then fell in love with him when he appeared to become Kirchner's mouthpiece.

I understand Derby fans desperate to save their club choosing to believe any positive stories but it's always sensible to be sceptical until the evidence suggests you shouldn't be.

• Like 1

Ashley will be a safe pair of hands for Derby, has money, knows football, coped with being an unpopular owner and regardless of what Newcastle fans think, kept them solvent before moving the club on.

Amazed that things have got this far however, these deals always seem to collapse when it comes to the 'show us the money' question, which suggests this is a question that should be asked a lot earlier in the takeover process.

51 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Well, that's the least surprising news this week. Step forward Mike Ashley or bye bye Derby.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So how much do we think Kirchner is pocketing for being Ashley's stalking horse?

Not sure if it was you or one of the other wise sages (cynics ?) who suggested that many moons back.

Popcorn ready.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ashley will be a safe pair of hands for Derby, has money, knows football, coped with being an unpopular owner and regardless of what Newcastle fans think, kept them solvent before moving the club on.

Amazed that things have got this far however, these deals always seem to collapse when it comes to the 'show us the money' question, which suggests this is a question that should be asked a lot earlier in the takeover process.

The "show us the money" question is still being asked in north Bristol.