IGNORED

Murray... Best Days Behind Him ?

headhunter

Murray didn't deliver at the end of last season and anyone who saw the preseason games and this afternnon's match cannot fail to see that he has lost that yard of pace that was his hallmark in 2002/03.

In my opinion he should have been the first striker to come off because he was contributing so little.

He was best man at Tinnion's wedding but he certainly wasn't best man on the pitch !

Tinnion should show his managerial mettle by leaving him out on Tuesday and play Gillespie instead.

Tinnion did say Murray was poor in the Radio Bristol interview but then added that none of the strikers played with any conviction - in that case rest all three and let's start with Miller,Anyinsah and Gillespie on Tuesday.

Am I being harsh ?

I think you are being a bit harsh on Murray personally. I know he didn't have the best game, but we City fans have got to learn to be more patient. Many fans at the end were shouting 'rubbish' at the end of the game....come on guys lets get serious here we have played one game and the ref gave them a goal...on another day we would have won 2-0. We need to give the formation more time so that the players can get used to it. I think that Murray's time at Reading really didn't help, and it seems to me that he is still trying to get his fitness and confidence back.

I do think that Miller should start at Barnsley, probably instead of Leroy, as away from home we need to be winning more balls up front.

Up the City

It was Tinnion's mistake I feel to play him in that wide striker position. Murray plays better either with the man in front of him, or getting on the end of through balls. From a forward position he doesn't get the chance to do this.

If Tinnion is indeed playing him out of loyalty then he is being stupid to put Murray in front of the team.

Murray looked as uncomfortable as Roberts does when he is played out wide. From what I understand we have a winger who is playing as wide striker with difficulty, and a striker who spent most of last season out of position,only to regain any sort of form when put upfront again! :(

Have I got this right???

Guest dez_gimred

thats a fair comment..

i'll be angry if murray plays on tuesday as tins said players must perform to keep their place..

murray looked like he was pi55ed up today...misplacing passes...not chasing balls...doing little flicks..

it looked like we were playing with 10 men, i think the guys had it to be honest!

lita isnt the overated one round here....

:@

I'm sorry to be controversial here, but perhaps Murray simply had a bad game. If all players are given one game only to earn/keep their place then you will have a team that freezes and plays with fear the whole time. On that basis, if Phillips makes ONE mistake on Tuesday night which costs us a goal he must be immediately dropped, forgetting, of course, the two saves he made at the start of the second half today that actually saved us from losing. Imagine the inquest on here if that had happened.

Finally, I'm sure Tinnion is far more professional than to just pick his mates or not pick Miller because he doesn't like his haircut or something!!

Murray was played out of position today, and was injured upon his return last season. Murray must play wide right on Tuesday as must Doherty(for Tinnion)in centre midfield and Miller(for Lita) up front in a 4-4-2 formation.

Guest chrissie
thats a fair comment..

i'll be angry if murray plays on tuesday as tins said players must perform to keep their place..

murray looked like he was pi55ed up today...misplacing passes...not chasing balls...doing little flicks..

it looked like we were playing with 10 men, i think the guys had it to be honest!

lita isnt the overated one round here....

:@

Guest Incide Right

Scotty was quoted in the evil post recently that he wanted the right wingback role? I hope he gets his chance in this position, despite Smith signing. He wasn't happy in the role Tins gave him today.

Guest chrissie

Scott Murray never has been and never will be a striker. His only position is wide right or right wing back running at defenders. How can he be blamed for being played out of position? Last season's system was the right one, we were just lacking a striker to put some of the many chances we made away. Having brought in new strikers, why then change a successful 4-4-2/3-5-2 formation so that we no longer provide the service to them. Our strikers were given no chances today, it was the 4-3-3 system that was wrong, not the players. Sorry Lita is overrated, he proved today that he isn't ready to be in the starting line up.

Scott Murray never has been and never will be a striker. His only position is wide right or right wing back running at defenders. How can he be blamed for being played out of position? Last season's system was the right one, we were just lacking a striker to put some of the many chances we made away. Having brought in new strikers, why then change a successful 4-4-2/3-5-2 formation so that we no longer provide the service to them. Our strikers were given no chances today, it was the 4-3-3 system that was wrong, not the players. Sorry Lita is overrated, he proved today that he isn't ready to be in the starting line up.

Why, if the forwards were not to blame today, did I see and hear Matt Hill shout to Millen "There's no ###### movement up front"? Isn't that one of the reasons chances were not created. The defence and midfield never had anything to hit, hence the need for a big target man.

I think Murray definately suits the 4-4-2 formation better, because he can play out wide down the wings. But today i thought he played quite well, he worked hard and with a bit of time getting used to the striking role could become very good in that position. He's got all the right attributes to become a good striker.

And to say that he's had his best days after just one game of the new season is very unfair.

Guest bristolbred

Murray out of position, and Miller and Gillespie didn't get a look in!!!, :(:city::blink:

If anyone should be dropped, the Tin's ought to go and look in the mirror!!, :city::city:

Guest bristolbred
Sorry Lita is overrated, he proved today that he isn't ready to be in the starting line up.

And he blocked the ball from going in at least twice today!!!!, :P

Guest Harchesterx1

Why not 3-5-2 thats where murray would play best i think anyway..... He should have bought on Miller insted of Anisyia or however he spells it.....

And why not? Ayinsah has looked very good in what little I have seen of him and it meritted his opportunity. I'm sure Murray can and will do the job, he wouldnt be there if he didnt think he could do it, or more importantly if Tinman didnt think he could.

I'd like to see him trying to terrorise the wings again and have the 3 dedicated strikers do their business, but then again everyone thinks they know best :(

Archived