IGNORED

The Transfer Market

brad blit

Morning All!

Was chatting to a Liverpool friend of mine last night and he asked me about City ‘losing’ 12 players (I had to inform him they were OOC and right decision on majority) - we spoke about the summer plans for club and it brought up a couple general query’s that Iv since pondered.

1) We’ve all heard the saying “we’ve told the player to find a new club” but what is the process behind this? As far as I was aware players/agents can’t actively look for new employers whilst contracted so would this be a case of the club formally instructing agents/players they can directly contact other clubs (I guess signing some form of release form?) so as to not breach contract?

2) Does a Transfer List as such actually exist or is this something made up on Footy games? Would there be a national website where clubs put “available players” on a database with basic information and approx fee? Or is it just a case of using media forms to let other clubs know players can leave? 

Anyone got any idea on either just to clear this up? 

1. Depending on a players contract they may not be allowed to speak to other clubs unless agreed with the parent club but that is not always the case. Then you hear about shady stuff from agents in the news or stories leaked to press about want away players. At a minimum in the last 6 months of your contract you are allowed to sign a pre-contract (outside UK) with another club. ( and last one month within UK) due to labour laws but I don't know if Brexit changed that rule at all.  I imagine most clubs will let othrers negotiate with a player, particularly around transfer deadline time to help speed up the process.

In other countries such as Spain they legally have to have a release clause on their contract which is very often broadcasted when it is signed. So in that sense there could be a list of every players release clause, but they are often absurd figures to prevent them being poached. 

2. Yes I believe the PFA runs one . And clubs will send each other lists of players that are available for transfer or loan, or via a clubs scouting networks will be able to sound out players availability. 

4 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

1. Depending on a players contract they may not be allowed to speak to other clubs unless agreed with the parent club but that is not always the case. Then you hear about shady stuff from agents in the news or stories leaked to press about want away players. At a minimum in the last 6 months of your contract you are allowed to sign a pre-contract (outside UK) with another club. ( and last one month within UK) due to labour laws but I don't know if Brexit changed that rule at all.  I imagine most clubs will let othrers negotiate with a player, particularly around transfer deadline time to help speed up the process.

In other countries such as Spain they legally have to have a release clause on their contract which is very often broadcasted when it is signed. So in that sense there could be a list of every players release clause, but they are often absurd figures to prevent them being poached. 

2. Yes I believe the PFA runs one . And clubs will send each other lists of players that are available for transfer or loan, or via a clubs scouting networks will be able to sound out players availability. 

Nice post btw.

Re bold bit….same rules still in play.  As is the compensation for u24s, whether they go to Europe or not, whereas in Europe (true Bosman) it’s u23s.  All that stuff is still in place.  So Reading will get compo for Richards who’s gone to Bayern.

I read somewhere about some kinda transfer system, when Birmingham were told to raise X in Jan 2019 under a Business Plan.

It mentions that a high value Player was put up for sale on an online platform. Doesn't name the player, but I assume Che Adams or Jota. Sadly doesn't name the online platform but seems new, different...

Anyone know about player listing about online platforms? Seems novel.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I read somewhere about some kinda transfer system, when Birmingham were told to raise X in Jan 2019 under a Business Plan.

It mentions that a high value Player was put up for sale on an online platform. Doesn't name the player, but I assume Che Adams or Jota. Sadly doesn't name the online platform but seems new, different...

Anyone know about player listing about online platforms? Seems novel.

The only thing I’m aware of is the infamous “transfer list”, which as I understand it is the club notifying the league and the league sending out 91 emails (or something to that effect).

Think the Brum player was Adams, club received an offer, but turned it down.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The only thing I’m aware of is the infamous “transfer list”, which as I understand it is the club notifying the league and the league sending out 91 emails (or something to that effect).

Think the Brum player was Adams, club received an offer, but turned it down.

Yeah, thanks, Adams sounds right.

Ah really? Perhaps not as high tech as it sounded. Seems a decision taken in anger potentially, liable to weaken a case a bit by the League doing that. Impose the conditions sure but the public or at least to 91 clubs proclamation, get why the anger was there but not the most prudent when it comes to prosecution of a case down the line.

Archived