IGNORED

Who is this?

Davefevs

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was on my honeymoon in Yugoslavia for a couple of weeks at the start of that season.

Even out there I was aware from scouring the English papers for anything on City that Gary Emanuel was not exactly proving popular with City fans.

By the time I got back he was already out of first team contention - left the club even? -  so I never saw him play for us.

He walked away after a heavy defeat at Bournemouth, 5-0 I think.

Got horrendous abuse at that game for being ex-gas & pretty sure he joined Swansea soon after.

1 hour ago, chowie said:

I did notice he started the 1st three games of the season and never played for us again. The 3rd game was a heavy cup defeat. 

Start of that season: :shocking:

17 Aug 1985 Bristol City v Walsall L 2-3 League Division Three
21 Aug 1985 Hereford United v Bristol City L 5-1 League Cup
24 Aug 1985 AFC Bournemouth v Bristol City L 5-0 League Division Three
26 Aug 1985 Bristol City v Gillingham L 1-2 League Division Three
31 Aug 1985 Rotherham United v Bristol City L 2-0 League Division Three
03 Sep 1985 Bristol City v Hereford United W 2-0
Agg: 3-5
League Cup

3 hours ago, chowie said:

I see, found this also ?

6F3D8200-CEB5-4224-9684-B0D4CACE2F43.jpeg

Everyone very familiar, till you get to Nigel Smith that was a struggle but recognised him after a while.But  I have no recollection of David West at all.

52 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Everyone very familiar, till you get to Nigel Smith that was a struggle but recognised him after a while.But  I have no recollection of David West at all.

Nor me... I always thought nigel smith played in the fulham game just after being saved from going bust but otherwise cant recollect any games he played

45 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Nor me... I always thought nigel smith played in the fulham game just after being saved from going bust but otherwise cant recollect any games he played

Been looking in my books. NK Smith played 2 games between 82-83, there are no other N Smith listed. The other book has 2 games played by Nigel Smith that year but nothing after. Odd he's in the team photo if the book is correct.

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Been looking in my books. NK Smith played 2 games between 82-83, there are no other N Smith listed. The other book has 2 games played by Nigel Smith that year but nothing after. Odd he's in the team photo if the book is correct.

I thought he was released or left well before 85 too along with hirst

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He walked away after a heavy defeat at Bournemouth, 5-0 I think.

Got horrendous abuse at that game for being ex-gas & pretty sure he joined Swansea soon after.

Anyone who was at that game will never forget how shockingly bad he was. If you combined the worst aspects of Nicky Hunt and Ryan McGivern you wouldn`t even get close.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Start of that season: :shocking:

17 Aug 1985 Bristol City v Walsall L 2-3 League Division Three
21 Aug 1985 Hereford United v Bristol City L 5-1 League Cup
24 Aug 1985 AFC Bournemouth v Bristol City L 5-0 League Division Three
26 Aug 1985 Bristol City v Gillingham L 1-2 League Division Three
31 Aug 1985 Rotherham United v Bristol City L 2-0 League Division Three
03 Sep 1985 Bristol City v Hereford United W 2-0
Agg: 3-5
League Cup

i bet without looking or google david ******* kelly scored against us for walsall.......

Archived