IGNORED

All That Optimism

red as fcuk

All over the summer fans of this football club having been really positive- rightly so in my opinion- now after 90 minutes of the new season 1 poor result and 1 point later, all of a sudden we are a poor team!

I was at the game today and i must admit that we were poor at times but Heff was showing glimpses of what he has proved in this division he is capable of, young joe came on and was unlucky not to be on the scoresheet at least once and both smith and orr looked as though they have that "bit between their teeth" that we may have been lacking in recent seasons.

I for one intend to give Brian a chance to do it his way without booing and without blind criticism of certain players (roberts had 6 whole minutes today and still managed to get abused and criticised by people at the ground and on this forum)

come on ladies and gents lets get behind our boys this year, i'm sure it will never make anyone play better by constantly slating them but encouragement can only be a good thing.

I agree. Anyone who seriously thinks we are going to be promoted by the end of November needs their head examining. It's going to take a month or so for the team to get used to each other with the new players and formation. Hopefully we wont drop too many points in the process.

That said, Torquay were a mediocre side who will be fighting relegation this year and we should have seen them off.

I know he missed two good chances but Anyinsah will cause problems for a lot of defences this season. In fairness, he showed Murray how to play in a front three.

yeah i do like the look of Anyinsah, i was quite suprised when Brian brought him on ahead of the more senior players but he almost turned the game on its head! if one of those chances had gone in i think Tinman would have been hailed as a tactical genius for making such a bold decision. but hey thats football!

Archived