IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Why are they so obsessed with attendances and their away following? They are almost as obsessed about it as they are about us.....Oh yeah, now I remember it is because they recently found out that Wally isn't as rich as Steve and they have been left to look like the gift that just can't help giving AGAIN ......

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::laughcont:

IMG_0160.JPG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Why are they so obsessed with attendances and their away following? They are almost as obsessed about it as they are about us.....Oh yeah, now I remember it is because they recently found out that Wally isn't as rich as Steve and they have been left to look like the gift that just can't help giving AGAIN ......

IMG_0160.JPG

Despite being a league team for 2 seasonsΒ 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPG

:facepalm:

Ok, let's have a lookΒ at the factsΒ then...

1) Swindon Town were formed before the Gas.Β 

2) Wally and his family are no where near as wealthy as SL.

3) They haven't averaged over 10k at home for 4 decades, they play in a small ground (that they never fill) in front of tents for stands. They've never even played top flight football.

So no, none of those claims in the picture are 'official' in the slightest.Β Some of theirΒ fans really don't help themselves and itsΒ no wonder everyone laughs at them....deluded idiots.

The gift.

image.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

3) They haven't averaged over 10k at home for 4 decades, they play in a small ground (that they never fill) in front of tents for stands. They've never even played top flight football.

So no, none of those claims in the picture are 'official' in the slightest.Β Some of theirΒ fans really don't help themselves, no wonder everyone laughs at them....theΒ deluded idiots.

The gift.

image.jpeg

Yeah but yeah but you lot were only formed in 1982! So have it Dean Windass and Rickie Lambert, 2nd of May (Not 2001 when Wycombe sent us to the basement mind, the other one!) Holloway, Gerry Francis, obsessed Ted's!

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm glad you've given the facts. I was fooled by how professional that looked and the use of the word 'official'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

I'm glad you've given the facts. I was fooled by how professional that looked and the use of the word 'official'.

that was your first clue it wasn't authentic,

If it was produced by the club it would of been in crayon, did you not see the freshers fair stand?Β Β 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPG

What's the 1883? Their highest-ever attendance?

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

What's the 1883? Their highest-ever attendance?

Hmm well Bristol Rovers as a club nameΒ wasnt formed until 1899Β whilst the name Bristol City was 1897 so im not really sure....There was a team called Black Arabs around the area at that timeΒ mind you....

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hmm well Bristol Rovers as a club nameΒ wasnt formed until 1899Β whilst the name Bristol City was 1897 so im not really sure....There was a team called Black Arabs around the area at that timeΒ mind you....

Stick your facts up your ass, please..!Β 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes, the 1883 date relates to the predecessor of the predecessor of one of the teams that merged to become horse Punching Sag Losers FC.

But since when have they been concerned with facts?

11 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Yet the numptys still think they will draw in Β 15,000... delusional fools :)

IMG_7126.PNG

Glory hunters?Β :blink:

And what atmosphere? Β by all accounts its usually dead until the Sags fluke a last minute penalty.. plenty of fans have said this from what i've seen on other forums

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

1 hour ago, SalisburyRed said:

Yes, the 1883 date relates to the predecessor of the predecessor of one of the teams that merged to become horse Punching Sag Losers FC.

But since when have they been concerned with facts?

They are only concerned with away attendances.Theirs is apparently the biggest and best ever (faithful and true) according to um.....them! 72 at Scunthorpe on a Tuesday versus 29,000 Sags turning up against Chelsea. Best away supporters in historyΒ 

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It doesn't just happen to Rovers, hundreds of Union Berlin fansΒ locked out at Borussia Dortmund tonightΒ 

IMG_20161026_210855.jpg

IMG_20161026_210852.jpg

1-1 after extra time - Union scored an absolutely cracking equaliser.

BD won 3-0 after penalties - they scored their first three, but Union missed all three of theirs.

16 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Β 

Rover's Attendance facts - the missing blue few!

If you compareΒ the av attendanceΒ of both clubs using calculations based on historical attendanceΒ data from shortening start points the trend is quite interesting.

Β 

AV calculated from

Β 

Av

Av

Av

Av

Av

Av

rovers

city

Gas att as % of City's

Att differential

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  141586 14158.6
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, adamski said:

in the 90 years of data, the gas have had a higher attendance than us on 14Β occasions, the last in 1982/3

That's shocking, they've had a higher attendance than us on 14 occasions?? Some of the senior generation should have serious look at themselves and explain this outrage????

13 minutes ago, adamski said:

in the 90 years of data, the gas have had a higher attendance than us on 14Β occasions, the last in 1982/3

Are you sure about that. Β I remember looking at the data and seeing only two seasons when they had higher gates than us, once in the fifties and 82/83 as you said. Β ThereΒ might be a confusion with the number of times they have finished above us in the league,Β which is about 12 times.

Edited by Malago

38 minutes ago, adamski said:

Rover's Attendance facts - the missing blue few!

If you compareΒ the av attendanceΒ of both clubs using calculations based on historical attendanceΒ data from shortening start points the trend is quite interesting.

Β 

Β 

AV calculated from

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Av

Β 

Av

Β 

Av

Β 

Av

Β 

Av

Β 

Av

Β 

rovers

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

city

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Gas att as % of City's

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Att differential

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  141586 14158.6

And 2017 is likely to be Rovers at around 8/9,000 and City at 18/19/20,000.Β 

On a slightly seperate note, it's really quite strange how usually, a promotion season for one team is mirrored by the other.Β 

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think for a club that came out non league their attendance is quite good.

Β 

Almost bound to be like that when a club comes out of non-league. The novelty factor of playing full time big name clubs every week will be quite a draw.

• Like 2

If there are any of the blue few on here who will be celebrating their 16th birthday tomorrow, let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday, and to remind you that anyone of your age or younger has never, Β EVER, seen your rag-bag Rovers team above City in your entire lives !Β :chant6ez:Β COYRΒ 

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=CITY+above+rovers

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 13

Just now, Griffin said:

Okay so I ventured further..Β 

IMG_1359.PNG

Did he just include 'homosexuals' in a list including drink drivers and pedophiles?

I don't know why anyone decide to create list like that on a public forum, he might as well say, I don't like coffee but I am good at wallpaperingΒ the items are equally as connected.

6 hours ago, SalisburyRed said:

Almost bound to be like that when a club comes out of non-league. The novelty factor of playing full time big name clubs every week will be quite a draw.

True. A brief moment of glory before they return to the Downs League South. You can imagine today's Blue Few in 50 years time.

"I remember when the Gas was in the Football League".

"Do shut up, Granddad. Here's a million-pound coin; buy yourself a half".

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

True. A brief moment of glory before they return to the Downs League South. You can imagine today's Blue Few in 50 years time.

"I remember when the Gas was in the Football League".

"Do shut up, Granddad. Here's a million-pound coin; buy yourself a half".

Β 

46 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

For once, words fail me...

Someone tweet the evening post, front page news tomorrow's lad ;)

I was about to make a post saying how people shouldnt use one persons hate filled opinionΒ to mock the entire gas fanbase because surely he's just one isolated idiot. But then I read the thread and saw that most people seem to be defending him! Jesus wept.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I was about to make a post saying how people shouldnt use one persons hate filled opinionΒ to mock the entire gas fanbase because surely he's just one isolated idiot. But then I read the thread and saw that most people seem to be defending him! Jesus wept.

And in there stupid tiny minds . They think there loved across the world. Β Horrible shitty little clubΒ 

• Like 3

On β€Ž25β€Ž/β€Ž10β€Ž/β€Ž2016 at 11:22, myol'man said:

So when was the last time they had over 20,000 for a home league match that wasn't against us?

They did have a crowd of 26,574 for a forth round F.A Cup game against Southampton in Jan 78.

Think only 17 turned up from Southampton, so a good turnout from the Gash!!!

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Guest Star of a gunner

In their entire history every ground they've played their home games in has been a clomplete sh**hole Β Except one Β and that belonged to us .

Happy 16 years everybody.

The last time roverzzz were above us, Kirsty MacColl was still alive, the 9/11 terror attacks on New York were nearly a year away and Wikipedia hadn't been launched!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=CITY+above+rovers

Β 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

• Admin

So this was the league table the last time thatΒ they were above us, we had beaten Peterborough 2-1 at home on Tuesday 24th October 2000 (Lee Peacock and a last minute Tony Thorpe winner) -Β (Rovers lost 2-1 at Colchester), the following game on Saturday 28th October 2000Β two goals from Tony Thorpe saw us beat Wycombe 2-1 away - (Rovers lost 2-0 at home to Oldham), and they have been "Coming to get us" ever since. . . .Β 

Be sure to tell all those Rovers friends and family you knowΒ :clapping:

Β 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 3

I remember that season they started quite well and we had an awful first couple of months under Wilson. Then things suddenly clicked and we started playing some of the best football Id ever seen. Bell and Murray on the flanks, Tinnion in the middle feeding in for Peacock and Thorpe... Great stuff! They went on to be relegated.Β I went to Wycombe that day and Im pretty sure I used my Nokia 32-10 to text my gas classmate to rub it in that we'd gone above them. He probably thought "pah. For now.." Little did he know.....16 years and counting oh yes!!

PS: theΒ league table in the Bristol post shows that Rotherham won the league thatΒ year... They didnt, Millwall did. Where on earth did they get that table from?

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-fans-issued-with-terrorism-warning/story-29848592-detail/story.htmlΒ 

Β 

I wonder if this is a threat against rovers or football grounds in the country, etherway I hope the game passes by safely with no incident and Peterborough stuff them

One of the biggest non-stories going even by the Post's standards, the terror threat has been at the same level for 18 months, surely the same security has been in place during that time, it sounds like it's the same we pass through at the Gate.Β 

• Like 1