IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Them were the days: when you could carry on working as a policeman until your early 80s.

And give some young scallywag a clip round the ear for nicking an apple and knew that would keep him on the straight and narrow for the rest of his life......................................................................................

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And give some young scallywag a clip round the ear for nicking an apple and knew that would keep him on the straight and narrow for the rest of his life......................................................................................

Aye, George Dixon had a good career seeing as he was shot dead in 1950 in the film, The Blue Lamp.  Another quarter of a century policing as a friendly corpse. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw that and thought immediately of D of DG.

I wonder how many recognised it and, conversely, for how many it simply bypassed them.

Sadly I knew exactly what it referred to, even as much that for some reason I know Jack Warner starred in the show!

Just to bring things vaguely back on topic ...

Dixon's mentoring of Crawford was seen from Dixon of Dock Green's first series opener, "PC Crawford's first Pinch", broadcast on Saturday 9 July 1955.

... and just a few months earlier on 05 Feb 1955  Bristol Rovers lost 8-3 to Blackburn Rovers in League Division Two

So nothing really changes (although obviously I looked for their biggest defeat around that time!)

11 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Dixon's mentoring of Crawford was seen from Dixon of Dock Green's first series opener, "PC Crawford's first Pinch", broadcast on Saturday 9 July 1955.

... and just a few months earlier on 05 Feb 1955  Bristol Rovers lost 8-3 to Blackburn Rovers in League Division Two

So nothing really changes (although obviously I looked for their biggest defeat around that time!)

We may have lost 8-3 but the match was so bizarre it could have gone either way, honestly, we might easily have won 3-8 on another day or it could have been 6-6 nobody really cared because the Rovers fans were on board with my barmy solutions and knew I was dangerous when backed into a corner like Charles Darwin. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Back then the nr 83 bus passed Eastville and my Dad claimed that Rovers asked for the service to be renumbered or rerouted to avoid having 83 go past their ground every half hour.

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

And good old Sargent Flint and Detective Lauderdale ! 

2 hours ago, TomF said:

So the CEO had his twitter account hacked, the gift keeps on giving. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-ceo-twitter-hacked-7608324

On a serious note people, 2 factor authentication takes about 2 minutes to setup and protects you far better that without. You can even enable it on here. 

Henbury Gas strikes again 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a shirt as repulsive as this, but at least the right people are advertising it (albeit with the wrong hashtags)...

image.png.32d47260c5d00bc533f10b0af1a94567.png

This is pretty bad, makes you want to adjust the vertical hold on an old telly. What about the disgusting tesco bag rag the mongs wore one year, that was truly awful.

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

There is no keeping them off the television and today the have been officially declared as a pointless football club...

Pointless.jpg

Who knew?!

What was the question here?

As it’s “pointless” and the object is to get the lowest scoring correct answer, can i go for “football clubs with 40,000 taken to Wembley”, as the only ****s that believe they’ve done that is them

Also, Richard Osman has let himself go.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a shirt as repulsive as this, but at least the right people are advertising it (albeit with the wrong hashtags)...

image.png.32d47260c5d00bc533f10b0af1a94567.png

Myself and a few city lads (Cole Skuse included) had to wear these as our away kit when playing for Yate Utd at u9s/10s age group, all because we had Ian Alexander as our manager ? 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

There is no keeping them off the television and today the have been officially declared as a pointless football club...

Pointless.jpg

Who knew?!

Who knew, indeed.

This is a quiz show where 100 people are asked a question and you have to think of an answer none of them came up with, ie an answer that's obviously Impossible, Untenable, etc.

Which means - if the impossible, untenable, pointless answer is "gAsshole fc" - what on earth is the question:   

Who really is "The greatest team the world has ever seen"?

Who playzzz in da famus qorterzzz? 

Which team isn't a stain on their city? 

And so on and so on. Endless possibilities. 

12 hours ago, TomF said:

So the CEO had his twitter account hacked, the gift keeps on giving. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-ceo-twitter-hacked-7608324

On a serious note people, 2 factor authentication takes about 2 minutes to setup and protects you far better that without. You can even enable it on here. 

They have a CEO?

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

What was the question here?

As it’s “pointless” and the object is to get the lowest scoring correct answer, can i go for “football clubs with 40,000 taken to Wembley”, as the only ****s that believe they’ve done that is them

Also, Richard Osman has let himself go.

I’m going for “Football clubs that have been in the league less than 10 years”

• Haha 1